• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Calgary & area meet up Spring 2024.

molyknow

Alex
Premium Member
@Janger I know we haven't gotten to the RSVP stage yet but count me in! If you are still looking for volunteers to present, I would like to toss my name in the hat. If there is interest I could throw a decent presentation together on design for 3D printing/3D printing in the home shop. I would talk about the ways 3D printed components and fixtures can be used for repeat operations in the home shop and in a production environment.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
@Janger I know we haven't gotten to the RSVP stage yet but count me in! If you are still looking for volunteers to present, I would like to toss my name in the hat. If there is interest I could throw a decent presentation together on design for 3D printing/3D printing in the home shop. I would talk about the ways 3D printed components and fixtures can be used for repeat operations in the home shop and in a production environment.
That would be fantastic Alex! Please do, you're on the agenda. @RobinHood Rudy do you have a big TV we could setup in your shop to show slides and such?

buckbrush

Ok, where is this operation? I can't picture there being a lot of bears in southern AB.
There are Grizzlys routinely snared on the western edge of Calgary every year . They have pretty much killed off all the black bears Around here.

Ed.Lawrence

Premium Member
Hi Calgary and area forum members let's have a meet up. And anyone else who wants to make the trek here. I was thinking it would be nice to have a spring forum get together. Not sure exactly when or where but open to suggestions. Perhaps Saturday March 30/2024 or April 20/2024. I thought where we met last time worked out well. Not volunteering them though!

Check ! √. Rudy! Thank you. We need a location. A shop with space for 30 or 40 would be ideal. Any volunteers? Or we can book the library.
We need a date. March 30/2024, or maybe Saturday April 20/2024. 10AM. to 1PM.
Check! √ Ryan! Thank you. We need a volunteer to organize food - the forum can pay for it. BBQ burgers and smokies?
We need a volunteer or a few to present on some technical topic. 10-20 minutes.
Attendees will need to be members and RSVP - TBA.

Members in other parts of the country - please organize similar events if this is appealing? Forum can probably help out with modest expenses.
i would like to attend as a new member....... I have a lathe, and many steam projects to share.....Ed L

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I would like to attend April 10, 2024 as a new member....... I have a lathe, and many steam projects to share.... I became aware of your group after selling my welder......Ed L
Your pretty close to being in 2/3 you have the machine you have the projects good start, but we heard no mention of of beers, kinda a stumbling block for some of the members, but I am confident you can recover from this misstep :cool:..

Welcome from Ottawa.

Lazair

I believe the end of march is Easter weekend. Lots of family obligations. I would love to attend if it was held on April 20th

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
Making plans now but will miss the meeting . July 2-16 in Calgary . Flying out to Great Falls Montana and driving up to Calgary to the son's place . Driving back down to Cheyenne Wyoming for another week or two .

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
Count me in. I have some small shop and machine related donation items for a sales table. Proceeds to club or event. Looking forward to a good visit,

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
I would definitely attend. If the date remains the same I will try to keep anything else out. I could bring some of my newest knives. I have put quite a bit more into every knife including the laser engraving.