• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Calgary & area meet up Spring 2024.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi Calgary and area forum members let's have a meet up. And anyone else who wants to make the trek here. I was thinking it would be nice to have a spring forum get together. Not sure exactly when or where but open to suggestions. I thought where we met last time worked out well. Not volunteering them though!

Check ! √. Rudy! Thank you. We need a location. A shop with space for 30 or 40 would be ideal. Any volunteers? Or we can book the library.
We need a date. EDIT -> Saturday April 27/2024. 10AM. to 1PM.
Check! √ Ryan! Thank you. We need a volunteer to organize food - the forum can pay for it. BBQ burgers and smokies?
We need a volunteer or a few to present on some technical topic. 10-20 minutes.
Attendees will need to be members and RSVP - TBA.

Members in other parts of the country - please organize similar events if this is appealing? Forum can probably help out with modest expenses.

Last edited:
Space for 30 or 40 !!! Holy crap! I'd like to attend a meetup like that! Why do Ontario meetups pale in comparison with respect to turnout???

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Space for 30 or 40 !!! Holy crap! I'd like to attend a meetup like that! Why do Ontario meetups pale in comparison with respect to turnout???

Cuz the forum started in Calgary...... They have a big head start.

Doesn't hurt that Cowtown is this tiny little village in Alberta where they all live within Shooting shouting distance of each other. But we are slowly gaining on them anyway.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I can't run my radial in a library, lol. OTOH March & April Calgary can be anything between balmy +20C or nasty -20C surprise snow dump, so maybe I'll wait for the 'summer' meeting for that.
I was able to sell/donate proceeds to some books & shop stuff. Sometimes that can work out for extra engagement time & sometimes it can be a distraction, leave that to you guys.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I can't run my radial in a library, lol. OTOH March & April Calgary can be anything between balmy +20C or nasty -20C surprise snow dump, so maybe I'll wait for the 'summer' meeting for that.
I'd try to make the trip just to see that beauty!

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I’ll volunteer my shop. It seemed to work out last time.

I don’t have my work schedule that far out, so I can’t say if 30 March or 20 April is better. I should have an idea by 25 February though.

@Janger , I’ll keep you posted (nudge me if I forget, thanks)

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I’ll volunteer my shop. It seemed to work out last time.

I don’t have my work schedule that far out, so I can’t say if 30 March or 20 April is better. I should have an idea by 25 February though.

@Janger , I’ll keep you posted (nudge me if I forget, thanks)

Well, your shop is certainly great place to do this at - I am trying to think of anyone else that we could use as alternative - but cannot really think of anyone.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
ok we have a location and food. We need some people to present. I think there are a few with watch maker lathes.

How about some demos and discussion?

Can somebody do a demo of finishing? Black oxide or other approaches?

I could do a Fusion 360 demo - but we would need a TV or screen or something. Ideas?

Chairs and tables... we had those but how did that happen?

Sailor

Randy
Premium Member
I would love the adventure to southern clims. Let me know if i can bring anything..