• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Anybody want anything from Ontario?

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I hear ya Dave...strange things can happen to seals, bearings and belts after sitting for month's...especially fuel systems if they haven't been treated with conditioner. That floating cloudy green algae lump that forms in fuel tanks doesn't help filter life at all !!!

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Exactly!! I think I’ll try and put a few miles on it that first weekend as a shake down run. See what all works, doesn’t work and what’s gonna fall off

Various friends have suggested visiting Lake Abraham and Lake Moraine. I wanted to see Lake Louise the last time I was there but it didn’t work out. Anybody got any input about those goals?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Exactly!! I think I’ll try and put a few miles on it that first weekend as a shake down run. See what all works, doesn’t work and what’s gonna fall off

Various friends have suggested visiting Lake Abraham and Lake Moraine. I wanted to see Lake Louise the last time I was there but it didn’t work out. Anybody got any input about those goals?

As in wring the truck out trips?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Possibly, except I don’t think commercial vehicles are allowed on the parkway, from what I remember
If it’s not a working truck does that make it an RV and good to go?

If that's the case, qualifying as an RV would probably depend upon what kind of licence plate was hung on it.

Dunno…... might be worth a phone call.

This brings up an interesting question..... what plate are you driving it home with?

Last edited:

historicalarms

Ultra Member
You visited Lake Abraham the first trip this spring. It will be a lot fuller of water this time of year tho...and yes the parkway is closed to non essential truck traffic.

I'm good for 9th or 10th...boss has family coming for Thanksgiving on the 11th....and with the way she shoots, we both know we don't want to pizz her off.

Actually she made the suggestion that if you do arrive in the evening of the 9th and Craig wants to come to red deer, I can meet you there, we will come back here for the night and go to Edmonton in the morning.

Chicken lights

You visited Lake Abraham the first trip this spring. It will be a lot fuller of water this time of year tho...and yes the parkway is closed to non essential truck traffic.

I'm good for 9th or 10th...boss has family coming for Thanksgiving on the 11th....and with the way she shoots, we both know we don't want to pizz her off.

Actually she made the suggestion that if you do arrive in the evening of the 9th and Craig wants to come to red deer, I can meet you there, we will come back here for the night and go to Edmonton in the morning.
I’m set to arrive 18:30-ish in Calgary, Oct 9th.

I KNEW Lake Abraham rung a bell for some reason.

Yes, the boss needs to be kept happy. She runs a mean kitchen, let’s not do anything to mess up a good thing

Tom O

Ultra Member
If that's the case, qualifying as an RV would probably depend upon what kind of licence plate was hung on it.

Dunno…... might be worth a phone call.

This brings up an interesting question..... what plate are you driving it home with?

I haven’t done it in years but we use to get a point a to point b permit to get vehicles home but I can’t remember if it was through motor vehicles or the police.

Chicken lights

I haven’t done it in years but we use to get a point a to point b permit to get vehicles home but I can’t remember if it was through motor vehicles or the police.
I spoke with a registry agent who explained the process for me. As far as I know it’s through motor vehicles

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I’m set to arrive 18:30-ish in Calgary, Oct 9th.

I KNEW Lake Abraham rung a bell for some reason.

Yes, the boss needs to be kept happy. She runs a mean kitchen, let’s not do anything to mess up a good thing
Craig, you set up with David for whatever works for both of you and I will conform to your preference weather it be a meet-up later on 9th or anytime on the 10th.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Craig, you set up with David for whatever works for both of you and I will conform to your preference weather it be a meet-up later on 9th or anytime on the 10th.

If David is ok with it, I'll pick him up at the airport on the 9th and drive him to you for a linkup in Red Deer. Does that work for every one?

Craig

Chicken lights

5115C59A-677C-4684-A14F-2281E3EAD84F.jpeg
Moved this little Doosan mill down to Connecticut last week.
I hate chip conveyors with a passion by the way. They are so awkward to get straps on.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Both I suppose.
I’ve got a fellow in Maryville TN who’s sending me a box of tooling.
Was just thinking that if you were anywhere nearby that I might be able to coerce you into bringing it to Canada to save some shipping costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken lights

Both I suppose.
I’ve got a fellow in Maryville TN who’s sending me a box of tooling.
Was just thinking that if you were anywhere nearby that I might be able to coerce you into bringing it to Canada to save some shipping costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve got a friend in Kentucky you can mail stuff to, but no idea when I’ll be down to see him again. Same as I told @Brent H its cheap but it’s not fast
Think it was around $150 USD difference to ship to Kentucky versus Canada for Brent