• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Anybody want anything from Ontario?

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Dispatch is making noise about sending me to Alberta.

Don’t commit to buying anything or send money unless it’s a for sure thing, but if any of you western Canada guys want something you see over here.....don’t be shy to ask, at least for this trip anyway.

I’ll know more come Friday morning but I “should” have some free deck space.

@Brent H anything heavy to go to @YYCHobbyMachinist?

Chicken lights

Probably gonna jog from North Bay to Sudbury up to Sault St Marie and around the lake to Thunder Bay then across to Winnipeg. I’m thinking Winnipeg to Saskatoon then Edmonton. Seems to make sense anyway

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey @Chicken lights

I have a small spindle to ship him but that is not worth any kind of trip. Could send him the Lathe base if you don’t need it???

could ship him the 3 phase motor as well if he wanted it???

Chicken lights

Hey @Chicken lights

I have a small spindle to ship him but that is not worth any kind of trip. Could send him the Lathe base if you don’t need it???

could ship him the 3 phase motor as well if he wanted it???
Wait and see if he gets on here tonight, I’ll be through your area tomorrow sometime, probably late afternoon (if nothing goes wrong, I tell everyone don’t plan on it until I’m actually loaded and driving)

While I will need a base for my lathe it would kind of be neat if he had the correct one

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
David... you keep the base, it's too heavy and awkward to move into my basement. Discussed this with Brent already.

Brent... No use for the 3 phase motor, not wired for it. As for the 6" long tailstock spindle, just mail it.

Thanks,

Craig

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So how does this work? Does dispatch have loads lined up for you to pickup and deliver between all the mentioned destinations?

Brent H

Ultra Member
Ok!

safe drive David. We will set up a time for your visit - if you are by tomorrow I can have the stand set out with a 1/2 hp motor - you would need to modify the stand a bit and add the chip tray but at least you would be on the way..

Chicken lights

So how does this work? Does dispatch have loads lined up for you to pickup and deliver between all the mentioned destinations?
Oh, nope. Loading in North Bay ON. Delivering west of Edmonton. One load, one trip.

But if anyone was wanting anything they could check kijiji or what not and figure out if it I was going by.

Chicken lights

Ok!

safe drive David. We will set up a time for your visit - if you are by tomorrow I can have the stand set out with a 1/2 hp motor - you would need to modify the stand a bit and add the chip tray but at least you would be on the way..
I’m happy to stop in to say hi or for coffee but I wouldn’t grab the base to take all the way out to AB and back, I’ll run up in my little truck one day.

I was more throwing this out there if anybody else needed anything

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Heads up Chicken Lights, another oil train derailed on highway 16 east of Saskatoon. They might still be doing detours next week, depending on how long the clean up takes. It is burning right now, and the highway is closed.

Chicken lights

Heads up Chicken Lights, another oil train derailed on highway 16 east of Saskatoon. They might still be doing detours next week, depending on how long the clean up takes. It is burning right now, and the highway is closed.
Thanks for the heads up!!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey David, how about providing daily sit reps so we can track your progress? This sounds like a real adventure.

What's your load consist of? Looks like 5 pieces of rusty pipe to me. There must be something special about them to justify trucking them across the country?

Craig

Last edited:

Chicken lights

Hey David, how about providing daily sit reps so we can track your progress? This sounds like a real adventure.

What's your load consist of? Looks like 5 pieces of rusty pipe to me. There must be something special about them to justify trucking them across the country?

Craig
Sure. Left Gravenhurst this morning, loaded in North Bay, left North Bay about 3:00 and got up to Kapuskasing for the night.

It is 5 pieces of rusty pipe. They first said tarped then the shipper said no tarp. They said the buyer was worried about the open pipe getting magnetized from the wind going down the road. The engineers said the pipe would be getting magnetized before it was coated, whatever that means. So not tarping it was fine.

It’s pipeline pipe, so it’s special rusty pipe I guess

Gonna aim for Kenora tomorrow but that’s a long pull.