Last night, I pulled the plug and ordered a Bambu P2S Combo. Since diving into the 3D water pool is so intimidating I decided to dedicate a new thread to the adventure. My earlier posts are all over the place. The last full thread is here:
'Filament Recommendations'
It looks like my planned Bambu 2PS Combo is at least a month away, maybe two. No stock.
In the meantime, I find myself hungering for knowledge about filaments.
What is best for what?
What to avoid?
Best General Purpose Filament
Special Considerations
Shelf life & recommended storage.
Special Applications
Colour Availability by type
Cost Considerations
Etc etc
Has anyone got such a list or table already that they would like to share?
Input Received:
Filament is best on plastic rolls with RFID not Cardboard
PLA - best all round for newbies. Get Black, White, Grey, and wife's fav...
I've jumped all over the place but the deciding factor was a wife who had just got a new laptop from her decrepit abused hubby and didn't know what to get the old goat for his own birthday and an anniversary sale at Bambu. The stars were finally aligned, so late last night I pulled the trigger. Best of all, I don't have to hide the damn thing and I get to use my Visa points for something else.
I truly dislike Bambu's cloud policy and closed environment, but neither are really big deals to me as a newbie. I will survive them at least until they change or the need to get out is truly compelling. In the meantime, it should be a lot of fun.
The anniversary sale isn't exactly earth shattering, but it's a sale. It also gets me a wheelbarrow full of filaments at close to half price when purchased with the printer.
I don't have a ship date yet.
Time to read the manual.
Many thanks (or not) to all the members who pushed me into the pool.