2023 May Meetup - Calgary organization thread.

Are you coming to the Calgary event

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I intend to bring this along. 0.2 HP DC motor and electronic speed control. I really don't have a project for it. If anyone is interested the proceeds could go to the meetup funding. I have about $60 invested?

motor2.jpg

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
i still have 3 20lb extinguishers if anyone is interested in one i can bring them, 20$ ea, charged, last inspection tag was 2022 iirrc

funds will go toward the pop/condiment/american cheese fund

JustaDB

Ultra Member
i still have 3 20lb extinguishers if anyone is interested in one i can bring them, 20$ ea, charged, last inspection tag was 2022 iirrc

funds will go toward the pop/condiment/american cheese fund
Bring two, if the stars align & I'm able to make it, I'll take one.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have a 4J chuck challenge set-up. No gimmick or traps (like at the Bar-z bash). Just a piece of stock 316 SS with a machined “ring” on the end (so that part is actually round), a cheap mag base with an off shore dial indicator and the 4J on the little SM1120. Everyone who wants to try it can. We’ll get someone to run a stop watch. The jaws will be set to the same starting position for each of the contestants. Just get it to run less than a thou and your time stops. We won’t go measure it with 1/10 indicator and add any deviation to your time (maybe next time?). Only the ring needs to run true, not the face.

Oh, and bring some cool / unique tool or project you are working on for the group to drool over (if you want).

Sure, good idea Tom: if you have something you’d like to sell or swap - go for it.

Perry

Ultra Member
I have an extra telescoping gauge set I can donate to the forum.

It's the Princess Auto set you see here.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/6-pc-extendable-gauge-set/product/PA0002940716

I may not be able to attend the Meet Up, but will make sure whoever these are assigned to will get them.

images