• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

2023 May Meetup - Calgary organization thread.

Are you coming to the Calgary event

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I intend to bring this along. 0.2 HP DC motor and electronic speed control. I really don't have a project for it. If anyone is interested the proceeds could go to the meetup funding. I have about $60 invested?

motor2.jpg

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
i still have 3 20lb extinguishers if anyone is interested in one i can bring them, 20$ ea, charged, last inspection tag was 2022 iirrc

funds will go toward the pop/condiment/american cheese fund

JustaDB

Ultra Member
i still have 3 20lb extinguishers if anyone is interested in one i can bring them, 20$ ea, charged, last inspection tag was 2022 iirrc

funds will go toward the pop/condiment/american cheese fund
Bring two, if the stars align & I'm able to make it, I'll take one.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have a 4J chuck challenge set-up. No gimmick or traps (like at the Bar-z bash). Just a piece of stock 316 SS with a machined “ring” on the end (so that part is actually round), a cheap mag base with an off shore dial indicator and the 4J on the little SM1120. Everyone who wants to try it can. We’ll get someone to run a stop watch. The jaws will be set to the same starting position for each of the contestants. Just get it to run less than a thou and your time stops. We won’t go measure it with 1/10 indicator and add any deviation to your time (maybe next time?). Only the ring needs to run true, not the face.

Oh, and bring some cool / unique tool or project you are working on for the group to drool over (if you want).

Sure, good idea Tom: if you have something you’d like to sell or swap - go for it.

Perry

Ultra Member
I have an extra telescoping gauge set I can donate to the forum.

It's the Princess Auto set you see here.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/6-pc-extendable-gauge-set/product/PA0002940716

I may not be able to attend the Meet Up, but will make sure whoever these are assigned to will get them.

images