Golem Pens
Michael
Stick out when center drilling was basically what you see here. So a good amount (it was the full 5/8" diameter).Just wondering, how much stick out did you have when center drilling? And do you face off the workpiece prior to drilling?
I suspect that your center drill has wandered slightly forcing the work piece over prior to starting....
On something like this, I would try and turn it between centers.
I feel your pain, there's always something laying in wait to mess with your day. I recently turned my nice countershaft into a banana when I put the keyway in for the cone pulley. 🙁
And yep I did face it before center drilling!
Will need to order another rod and learn to turn between centers if that is the route to try next.
I may also for the time being shorten this and run it as a partial internal mandrel. Not ideal but may work out fine
