Nope, just a bit of crosswind. lolWandering thread?
Nope, just a bit of crosswind. lolWandering thread?
This all began way back when........ @Golem Pens first detected a significant amount of runout on one of his pens, that little wobble oh so many posts ago has become a serious whip now that we're so far from the initial source. So technically I think we are still on topic, and this is a good reminder how important a true running lathe is to keeping the universe in order..... 🙄Boom sticks & pond ducks.
Wandering thread?
......... or this. ^ 😉Nope, just a bit of crosswind. lol
Oh heck you don't need to. Let me know what I owe you!
Really? That seems very odd to me. Unless you are running a 127 tooth gear for metric threading.as I feared there isn't clearance between the motor pulley cover and the gear cover! Motor cover will have to come off to run gears
Motor mount is too close to the lathe, nothing to do with the specific gearsReally? That seems very odd to me. Unless you are running a 127 tooth gear for metric threading.
I think some wise man once said " for every action, there's a reaction "Yeah I simply don't have more horizontal space available. Wasn't an issue before I had the motor cover 😉
Hmmm I could get it up higher, though I would need a longer belt in that case.
Is it a link belt? If so, you just need to add a little. I am cheap bastard, so a repurposed free one suits me fine, and I don't mind listening to the clicking of it over the pulleys. All part of the ambience.... 😛Nah I ain't giving up the endless belt!