Golem Pens
Michael
Latest musings while I wait for a new turnbuckle piece so I can finally start using this.
1) Taper attachment would be very cool. Unclear from my reading if that's compatible with the C-style carriage without power cross feed.
2) OEM 2 step motor pulley is too expensive. I am reasonably confident that my current motor pulley is just something off the shelf, and may in fact be a single version of this 2-step pulley... So mayhaps I try that out.
3) Debating refurbishing the existing drip oilers for the headstock or getting new ones. May do the same mod on the countershaft as well, since all of my spindles are total loss oilers...
4) Tailstock quill extension will be a must eventually. But I will likely need to outsource that to someone, since you kind of need a functioning lathe to modify the parts.
5) Small parts: will need to see if I can put together some more brass shims for shimming out backlash in the dials. Could also use some fresh taper pins for the cranks. And maybe grab some nylon washers for taking up slop in a few non-critical spots.
6) Some dial indicators/stops for the carriage will be good to do (I think I have one included, need to see if it's just a stop or can take an indicator).
7) Trying hard not to think about ELS and DRO and all those fun things just yet.
1) Taper attachment would be very cool. Unclear from my reading if that's compatible with the C-style carriage without power cross feed.
2) OEM 2 step motor pulley is too expensive. I am reasonably confident that my current motor pulley is just something off the shelf, and may in fact be a single version of this 2-step pulley... So mayhaps I try that out.
3) Debating refurbishing the existing drip oilers for the headstock or getting new ones. May do the same mod on the countershaft as well, since all of my spindles are total loss oilers...
4) Tailstock quill extension will be a must eventually. But I will likely need to outsource that to someone, since you kind of need a functioning lathe to modify the parts.
5) Small parts: will need to see if I can put together some more brass shims for shimming out backlash in the dials. Could also use some fresh taper pins for the cranks. And maybe grab some nylon washers for taking up slop in a few non-critical spots.
6) Some dial indicators/stops for the carriage will be good to do (I think I have one included, need to see if it's just a stop or can take an indicator).
7) Trying hard not to think about ELS and DRO and all those fun things just yet.