Nope. Not a snowball's chance in hell.......... so, there's potential that one day I might out grow this? 🙄
Nope. Not a snowball's chance in hell.......... so, there's potential that one day I might out grow this? 🙄
In the middle of the back gear shaft there should be a grub screw, remove that, insert oil and replace the screw.After switching to oil the back gear is 100x better. Spindle still feels bit sluggish but I'm hoping it just needs to work the oil in a bit more.
Hopefully I can get the countershaft done tonight
Oh yeah that's already been done.In the middle of the back gear shaft there should be a grub screw, remove that, insert oil and replace the screw.
I wanted to sound clever not prompt.Oh yeah that's already been done.
Man that looks so much better than when we lifted it up onto the table. Nice job.It lives! https://photos.app.goo.gl/aEP25N8gTwi4LRDK9 (link to short video)
Thank you again!Man that looks so much better than when we lifted it up onto the table. Nice job.
About bloody time you got around to asking that. 🙄 😛Thank you again!
I'll get some better pictures during the day. Now, how do I use this thing? 😉
....... and a milling machine, couple grinders, shaper, die filer, bigger shop, more property...... 🙄Guess I need a micrometer and some indicators huh 😉
Let the bank account implode. Buying a machine is usually the cheap part, tooling can get expensive.Guess I need a micrometer and some indicators huh 😉
I put the headstock assembly back together yesterday and I feel like the main pulley cone and the back gear are quite tight on their respective spindles.
There's no obvious binding or grinding, and I can turn them by hand (I haven't finished the drive assembly yet and wanted to make sure this isn't a problem before powering up) but it takes a little effort/has a decent amount of drag.
How freely spinning should those parts be? Not sure if it's normal as is or if something is off.
I assembled them with grease as directed in the Ilion manual but I could always strip it back and run oil if that's better for this vintage of machine...