Get cracking lad, we're expecting first chip pictures by weeks end. 🙄 😛I actually have a few days off and the kids are well enough to go back to daycare... Time to start servicing the machine!
I did it with the SB Heavy I got from Mower... works fineSimple, I like it. No need for the fancy specialist stuff.
I THINK just not pretty. All the fittings are loose and the plug needs swapping though. I've only done very basic home wiring.How gnarly are they? Is the inner insulation comprised? Or just not pretty to look at?
If the latter, pick up some split wiring loom while picking up the new belt and make it pretty again....
@DavidR8 , you wanna give the young feller a little pep talk?.........I wish I was that productive! I was optimistic about finishing tomorrow but I suspect I'll only get through headstock disassembly and hopefully drive assembly preparation.
Apron is sorted, so first task tomorrow will be the saddle.
I'm trying to ease him into the expected project pace.@DavidR8 , you wanna give the young feller a little pep talk?.........
Michael, David's an old retired guy, you aren't going to let him out pace you now are you? Come on, do your generation proud. 🙄 😛 😀😉
Already looking way better than when we lifted it onto the table.This is progress, I swear!
Hi Michael,Making progress!
Sorted out (disassembled, scrubbed, oiled/felted) the major gear train.
Ditto for the tailstock (which is unfortunately not as smooth as I was hoping).
Started in on the carriage and got the apron mostly disassembled (and cursing tapered pins.
Hopefully I can get through most of the carriage disassembly today at least. Unfortunately my plan to use a grease gun with way oil for the zerk fittings turned into a gigantic mess, oops.
Hi Michael, We believe you.🙂This is progress, I swear!