• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Working on my South Bend 9C

If the boys don't come through I'll holler. It's a lot or orchestration for a few minutes work. Unless you have a portable hoist then I'll beg you to come.
 
Then there's Mower...who hand bombed the loose components of a SB into my Tundra with little regard to his back etc...
I just stood there...dumbfounded...I picked up an intake for you man...and you brought me a lathe???
 
If it was in pieces I'd just get er done, but since it's all assembled on a bench top I don't want to push my luck with disassembly yet. Hopefully happening on Sunday!
 
Then there's Mower...who hand bombed the loose components of a SB into my Tundra with little regard to his back etc...
I just stood there...dumbfounded...I picked up an intake for you man...and you brought me a lathe???

Not only that, but he was most likely laughing the whole time, and making you laugh too. He is a very cool guy!
 
I don't love the cord itself but I think only a plug replacement is truly essential. Can't say I've got rid of any big electronics before to scavenge!

Ya, but you had to buy the plug. If you swap the power cord, it's all free!
 
Back
Top