• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Where to buy end mills?

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Ya, but this was ordered in the 5th and declared shipped on the 8th and now it's the 23th and USPS indicates nothing but a shipping label has been issued. Canada Post's take on it something else again, mailed from Sweden?

This is standard, sometimes my stuff is "mailed" in 1h. In reality it never even got packaged. It actual mailing is sometimes much further. If shipping label has been issued it will be actually mailed within a week. You are bound to get something.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
This is standard, sometimes my stuff is "mailed" in 1h. In reality it never even got packaged. It actual mailing is sometimes much further. If shipping label has been issued it will be actually mailed within a week. You are bound to get something.

Ya, something from Sweden LOL.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It is no mystery that some sellers sell stuff they do not have in stock - this gives them some headway as to when they need to ship it.
What really burns my shorts is that some sellers make it appear that they have stock sitting in a nearby warehouse waiting to be shipped to you, when in fact that is a big fat lie and you end up waiting for 2 months for a boat from China to arrive. Grrrr.

Brian H

Super User

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that (CDN/intermediary warehouse) must be the case with some AliExpress & Ebay sellers I've ben buying from because the package is postmarked SomeWheresVille Ontario.
Which might explain the speedy delivery sometimes. If that's what they are doing, perfectly fine by me. Shows more customer initiative than many sellers out there who still cant be bothered to ship to Canada at all. How the package zigs & zags on its journey to my house, especially during COVID times, really doesn't bother me. As long as its delivered within promised timeframe & items are as as they should be & there is some recourse for lost/missing/damaged items.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
End Mills arrived today. Ordered Apr 5, so 38 days in transit. The original shipping label was covered over with a CP label so I couldn't tell if they actually shipped out of Sweden or not?

Last edited:

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Just had a tube of silicone delivered from Latvia in 9 days. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk