• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Where to buy end mills?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nope. Everything. 2 flute just seem to work better for me for some reason. HSS I can re-sharpen and 2 flute are the easiest to sharpen.
So you've figured out how to correctly and consistently resharpen end mills? Impressive.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
BB endmills were 2 flute HSS.

That was a quick delivery from Accusize. Where did they ship from?

Accusize head office/warehouse at Woodbridge, ON basically Toronto via FedEx. On the flip side of things Friday we received an Easter card from my niece in Toronto sent out in lots of time, Canada Post sucks wind did I say that.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Nope. Everything. 2 flute just seem to work better for me for some reason. HSS I can re-sharpen and 2 flute are the easiest to sharpen.

I've not used 2 flute HSS on metal only because I don't sharpen EM's. Craig perhaps you would posting several photos of your sharpening jig set up then I just might consider doing that. For me everything is an adventure with this hobby and one has to love that.

Unfortunately I don't quite catch exactly how your sharpening jig is built from your post #46, sorry.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I've not used 2 flute HSS on metal only because I don't sharpen EM's. Craig perhaps you would posting several photos of your sharpening jig set up then I just might consider doing that. For me everything is an adventure with this hobby and one has to love that.

Unfortunately I don't quite catch exactly how your sharpening jig is built from your post #46, sorry.

The plans are here. http://homews.co.uk/page121.html You can't sharpen the little stuff but it works ok for 3/8 and up, 2 flt and 4 flt.

@YotaBota made one as well. https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/harold-hall-mill-bit-sharpener.2015/

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Time will tell. I received an email on the 6th stating my order had shipped. In reality all that has been done so far is create a USPS shipping label. USPS still doesn't show them taking possession of the package. An ETD of May 20th seems a little much for something being mailed out of the US.

How's this for confusion......

1618439328680.png

1618439367113.png

1618439442298.png

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Is it possible for something mailed in Sweden to have a USPS tracking number?

Something doesn't seem right here? CP states the origin is Rancho Cucamonga USA (ya I had to look that one up) yet the tracking states mailed in Sweden?

Banggood indicated that it would ship out of the US.

Last edited:

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Is it possible for something mailed in Sweden to have a USPS tracking number?

Something doesn't seem right here? CP states the origin is Rancho Cucamonga USA (ya I had to look that one up) yet the tracking states mailed in Sweden?
Oh ya never know with shipping routes, it is possible I suppose. I have my doubts on much of the info tracking systems provide nowadays.
I ordered two switches from Amazon and at the time they said they were both in stock and would be available for quick prime time shipping. Well I knew that it is never 2 day shipping for me but anyhow I ordered them. Today at 5:15 am the tracking showed that one switch left Calgary at 6:31 am this morning with Canada post and won't be here until April 27th. The second switch is coming from Ontario and is supposed to be here today on Puralator.
And you also know too well how Aliexpress tracking and shipping is bogus.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

Actually I found Aliexpress tracking pretty darn accurate and detailed. Right down to my item being returned to vendor 5 times LOL.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Rancho Cucamonga - sounds familiar, right next to Ontario - I used to live in California and traveled for hiking extensively.

Aliexpress tracing can be both accurate and terrible, depending on shipping method.

A lot of shippers ship bulk to Canada and then Canada Post to your home, so not bad for tracking there.... then again I just got my very first lost package, in US sent via Canada post. Good thing it was insured - they did require proof of value. And it takes a month to get $ out of them - actually still waiting for the check.

Crankit

Haha...Rancho Cucamonga is a mouthful! One of girls i work with is from there. Banggood does have a California warehouse

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Tom the check's in the mail :D

I have had a few things come through Rancho Cucamonga from banggood I figured they had a warehouse there as Crankit confirmed
My frame of reference is the TV show "workaholics" its set there, I have never been to California maybe someday I will get there.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh ya never know with shipping routes, it is possible I suppose. I have my doubts on much of the info tracking systems provide nowadays.
I ordered two switches from Amazon and at the time they said they were both in stock and would be available for quick prime time shipping. Well I knew that it is never 2 day shipping for me but anyhow I ordered them. Today at 5:15 am the tracking showed that one switch left Calgary at 6:31 am this morning with Canada post and won't be here until April 27th. The second switch is coming from Ontario and is supposed to be here today on Puralator.
Yup the one switch from Ontario arrived today and the one that apparently left Calgary this morning is still showing it won't arrive until the 27th. Good grief Charlie Brown.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
If it shipped from California why has Banggood estimated a month and a half for delivery?

It is no mystery that some sellers sell stuff they do not have in stock - this gives them some headway as to when they need to ship it.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
It is no mystery that some sellers sell stuff they do not have in stock - this gives them some headway as to when they need to ship it.

Ya, but this was ordered in the 5th and declared shipped on the 8th and now it's the 23th and USPS indicates nothing but a shipping label has been issued. Canada Post's take on it something else again, mailed from Sweden?

Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Ya, but this was ordered in the 5th and declared shipped on the 8th and now it's the 23th and USPS indicates nothing but a shipping label has been issued. Canada Post's take on it something else again, mailed from Sweden?
Craig brace for a jar of lingon berries instead of end mills. :p