• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Whelp, there goes the neighborhood.

Well, I was pretty dang pleased with myself, yes sirie, pretty damned pleased, I was....... Oh, how the one piece nested insides of the next, which in turn
nested in the next, a metal fabbing machine I have become.......... Just this one little piece to make, and what a beaut of a part it is.......... #$#@$_&&$#
20240409_190809.jpg
Here it is stuck to the front with a couple pairs of vise grips .....
20240327_182812.jpg
Anybody else notice that this gap is about the same thickness as the front flange on our new part, ya, me neither. :( For some reason I didn't account for the front piece when I made my otherwise perfect......ly acceptable template. :rolleyes:
At this point I went out to the chicken coop and fried a couple eggs on my forehead for breakfast...... After a couple hours I talked myself back off the ledge, went out to the shop and removed the rag from the fuel tank (damn thing was too short to reach the fuel anyway) and gave the whole thing a little bit of thought.
20240423_134345.jpg
Long and short of it, my bend-ment has has become a weldment with a bit of grindment
20240423_152953.jpg
And back looking like it should have in the first place. 20240423_155321.jpg
..... aside from the little gap that I have to fill where new meets old, the outer skin fits pretty good and with a little luck I might even get it welded in one day......:rolleyes:

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Thanks, I wish that there was a little more time to stick with it a little more, but it is hard with spring in the air.....
At the speed that I work, we should probably start with the snowblower, it's a little late for mowing season. :rolleyes:
I always think that one of these days I'll actually get a season ahead, but it's always reactive maintenance on "in season" junk lol.