We're Going to Try Some Banner Ads for Guest (Not Logged In) Users

gmihovics

Garrett
if I turn off my home ad blocker I see them in every thread but not the main page.

seems even with me pi hole turned on, I can still get the full page ads. They just don't have content.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Somebody needs to find and post a cartoon of what @Jwest7788 looks like right now while he works away at this little problem......

In my minds eye, I see this emoticon of a T-Rex in a blue T-Shirt with a computer in his little arms and a keyboard being crushed between his teeth......

All I can really say is that I'm sure glad this wasn't MY idea......

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
The ads appear in different locations if I am logged in versus when I am not. Not sure if that helps, but figured I would send along the observation.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I installed an ad blocker, now everything in the

Announcements, Feature Requests, & Report Bugs!​

thread is blocked????

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
fwiw, Ctrl+f5 reloads the page and allows me to see it. Can't post unless I disable my adblockers though.

You guys need to see what it's like on a mobile phone! Holy Poopy Cow!

How come I don't get metal stuff on my screen? But boy am I ever getting hammered to join Facebook! I think there is a message buried in that.....

architect

Super User
The ads are hell. The forum is literally unreadable for anyone that hasn't registered and will turn everyone off.

Edit: I'm sure this will be resolved but just wanted to share that it's glitchy. I'm getting the same level of ads in my other browser while logged in, that's the only reason I noticed.

1657753198641.png