• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Wanted to buy

I found this picture of a repair on model engineer. He bought the repair gear on eBay.

Attachments

• 679B8FDE-4F22-4D6B-83C4-67E3725C45F1.jpeg
    679B8FDE-4F22-4D6B-83C4-67E3725C45F1.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 22
Greetings.I have found nothing as of late.I came across a posting after doing a search.Southbend 9 inch back Gear repair.It shows a replacement gear that you would place over the original shaft after machining.Have you any experience with these or do you know anybody who has done this ?Might be an option for $50 American plus shipping.Thanks in advance.

I have now fixed the back gear by ordering a new gear from the practical machine St.I machined off the shaft and installed the new gear.Works great. Made a nice project out of it.

I took a look at mine but can’t tell if the large gear is a separate piece. Even if it isn’t it could be re-used and you would only have to machine the smaller gear
Now that I have mine replaced I wouldn’t mind doing another one.What would it take to buy the one you have,if it is just the small back gear that needs repair.You could send a picture to my e-mail at [email protected].

Back