• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Wanted to buy

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I found this picture of a repair on model engineer. He bought the repair gear on eBay.

Attachments

• 679B8FDE-4F22-4D6B-83C4-67E3725C45F1.jpeg
    679B8FDE-4F22-4D6B-83C4-67E3725C45F1.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 22

rcsights

Nice repai and work.I hope to find ones ,but I would consider that it they are around . Thanks for sending that on.

rcsights

Greetings.I have found nothing as of late.I came across a posting after doing a search.Southbend 9 inch back Gear repair.It shows a replacement gear that you would place over the original shaft after machining.Have you any experience with these or do you know anybody who has done this ?Might be an option for $50 American plus shipping.Thanks in advance.

rcsights

I have now fixed the back gear by ordering a new gear from the practical machine St.I machined off the shaft and installed the new gear.Works great. Made a nice project out of it.

rcsights

I took a look at mine but can’t tell if the large gear is a separate piece. Even if it isn’t it could be re-used and you would only have to machine the smaller gear
Now that I have mine replaced I wouldn’t mind doing another one.What would it take to buy the one you have,if it is just the small back gear that needs repair.You could send a picture to my e-mail at repettigrew@bell.net.