• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Wanted: Table Top Hobby Size Bandsaw

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Yikes...….. They cost $19 each, min purchase amount is $25 and shipping for two blades is $10. Hmmmmmm.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
All blades in calgary, anything you want next day, custom lengths and varied tooth pitches and tooth counts available. Made in edmonton and shipped to calgary store free, had one that broke at the joint and the other unused one was over ground, they replaced both free and im still on my first one of those. Last use was my 4” 4140 tool post holder project

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
All blades in calgary, anything you want next day, custom lengths and varied tooth pitches and tooth counts available. Made in edmonton and shipped to calgary store free, had one that broke at the joint and the other unused one was over ground, they replaced both free and im still on my first one of those. Last use was my 4” 4140 tool post holder project

Any idea which of their brands would list PHS blades.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Good suggestion Bofodo. My saw is an odd blade circumference so that make a custom length would be really great.
Guessing this is the place? http://www.allblades.ca/

This is one of the blade lines they carry, looks like some worthy candidates in there!

Attachments

• SNAG-1-7-2019 0000.jpg
    SNAG-1-7-2019 0000.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 0

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Their specs slipped a decimal point. Most starret blades are eithe .050 or .040 thick.

= that is a super price by the way! I paid $35 for my last Lennox blade, about 15 years ago!

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Their specs slipped a decimal point. Most starret blades are eithe .050 or .040 thick.

= that is a super price by the way! I paid $35 for my last Lennox blade, about 15 years ago!

$35 for a hacksaw blade seems a little much or are talking a bandsaw blade?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Kevin, help me out here. What does the blade tensioner on your PHS look like and how does it work? Looks like the one on mine has been jury rigged and I'm sure is the culprit causing the vertical cut to wonder.

BladeTensioner1.JPG

Note that the tensioner sits in a slot on the arm. Does yours like a slot like this?

BladeTensioner2.JPG

Another thing, the back blade attachment slot will not accept a blade .05" thick on my PHS. Does yours or did you thin the blade to mount it?

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Mine has a 1/3 hp motor which is also mounted "poorly ". I'm addressing that this afternoon

1/3 seems fine for what I'm cutting, as the is little or no binding

For blades I just ordered from kbc as they have a power hacksaw specific blade (starret). Blade was about 20 bucks

The blade will need a tweak to fit (Grind a profile)

The blades it came with are from COOP but I haven't seen anything that sturdy anywhere until I found the kbc blade

7d6f9b5546138636c85b4e4b04847e8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin,

Did you have to thin that blade as well as reduce the depth to make it fit? The one I just got doesn't fit into the slot on the back mounting support.

Craig

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I'll check in a bit craig.... can't recall off hand. I know the blade it came with had been 'tweaked' with some grinding.

kevin.decelles

Premium Member
Tough to say, as I don’t recall the act of modifying the blade, but here are some pics
961a8ea6d0b34a0ac21aef369bb1fa2f.jpg

cd862491fb48ae7747e7191a0f64b18f.jpg

c5cca055e17812d83abda3cdc2387059.jpg

kevin.decelles

Premium Member
It’s for sale btw in case u want a parts machine

Last edited:

Tom O

Ultra Member
My Starret blade fit fine but needed a spacer on the front I’ll have to look at that one day it’s probably a buggered thread issue.
6B48090E-F7E6-41EA-BB85-9AD81787D1E8.jpeg
this is the lifting mechanism it rides on a lobe.
1F2710CC-9F75-478E-8C57-4E86C923C5AE.jpeg

Tom O

Ultra Member
As long as it cuts good it’s a keeper. ( I need curtains in my shop too just to stop any late night lookyloo’s from drooling on my siding! )

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If you wanted a project.....Or am I the only one that keeps looking for projects despite the fact I cannot finish what I have going now :rolleyes: