• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Vevor knee mill X-axis power feeds <$200

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
That is a crazy good price.

Yes. It is crazy. I wonder why it's on "clearance sale". A better model coming? Too many problems? Seems odd to discontinue it.

Low enough price to take a chance though.......

Aarknoid

I would check the Vevor store on aliexpress , I think there was a $20 difference in my favour when I bought my bs-0, and it still shipped from the same place in BC.

(although I did look up the AS-250-150 and the Vevor web site has the better price this time)

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I have one of these on order. Didn't post about the price as I was not sure it was going to go through (took 3-4 days) but it finally shipped. Then I got crazy busy at work and didn't have time. Thanks for posting David_R8

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
What does "heavy" mean?

Can it handle a 48" Bridgeport with no CNC?
This is the light duty model for small mills with small light tables and low loads

at 150 in-lbs of torque they stall and burn out... we bought the 450 in-lbs of torque model VEVOR PAl-310S Power Feed X-Axis for $196 bucks or so..

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
The only problem is it won't work on most of the smaller mills we use. It is a vertical mount and it runs into the base when the table travels near that end. You need the horizontal mount model. I ran into that when I originally bought my CX601 from Busy Bee. They sent me one like that and I had to send it back.

Last edited:
What does "heavy" mean?

Can it handle a 48" Bridgeport with no CNC?
Well it can, measure the torque required under a heavy cut load.

Heavy usage is more a factor of how long you use it per hour, ie duty cycle. If its 5-10min per hour 2-3 times per day every couple of weekends no problem, run it solid for 2-3hrs for a couple of days, expect about 1 year as it heats up and fries the board.

To be fair, mine paid for itself for the usage it got as it saved me from a ton of cranking.

It is more intended as a warning if you think this is going be a work horse think again as the switch from left to right and back again causes heating.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for all the input guys. It's a great price but I'm gunna pass. Maybe wait for the bigger X version to go on sale instead.

My table is heavy, I often take heavy cuts, I often work for hours at a time, I have no interest in saving money that only gets wasted cuz I didn't spend enough to get what I needed to work properly the first time, and I don't trust clearance sales.

Thanks for all the input guys. It's a great price but I'm gunna pass. Maybe wait for the bigger X version to go on sale instead.

My table is heavy, I often take heavy cuts, I often work for hours at a time, I have no interest in saving money that only gets wasted cuz I didn't spend enough to get what I needed to work properly the first time, and I don't trust clearance sales.
Time to go to CNC ;), the Clearpath SDSK's don't even get warm after a 2-1/2hr run and they run a lot faster, and maybe Acorn Controller to to make it quick and easy.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Time to go to CNC ;), the Clearpath SDSK's don't even get warm after a 2-1/2hr run and they run a lot faster.

Not happening. Zero interest. Only one-offs around here. No production, no time clock, no cost of my time, no productivity curves, no business case, no supervisor, no customer, no bills to pay.... More importantly, I just want to make stuff not program stuff to make stuff.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Here's what would be useful: some kind of controller that would allow a non-electronics whiz (aka me) to use a stepper motor, driver and power supply to drive a power feed. It's the controller part that stumps me.
I'd want to make a mount for the stepper, use a GT belts and pulleys of suitable size, and have some sort of driver/controller with a direction switch and a speed control.

Not happening. Zero interest. Only one-offs around here. No production, no time clock, no cost of my time, no productivity curves, no business case, no supervisor, no customer, no bills to pay.... More importantly, I just want to make stuff not program stuff to make stuff.
Ordinarily I figure we see pretty much eye to eye on many things, of course, we are both running around 6'5", so you know...... But I digress, we may have missed one opportunity that should satisfy everyone's needs.
Now if you will allow me to throw my pitch...... Just two little words.....CNC SHAPER......... what could piss away more time than that?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Here's what would be useful: some kind of controller that would allow a non-electronics whiz (aka me) to use a stepper motor, driver and power supply to drive a power feed. It's the controller part that stumps me.
I'd want to make a mount for the stepper, use a GT belts and pulleys of suitable size, and have some sort of driver/controller with a direction switch and a speed control.

Are you talking about making your own power feed? Or are you trying to trick me into trying phoney CNC?

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member

plenty of off the shelf stepper programs that will simply run a stepper forward and backwards with variable speeds if you look around.