• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Unable to post in the banner ad thread

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
For some unknown reason I'm unable to post in this thread:

The reply box is present, the post reply button is clickable but nothing happens when I click it. I can post in my own threads and others but not the one linked above.

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
So my ad blocker is preventing posts to some threads but not all.
This is completely new behaviour as I've been using Ad Blocker Ultimate for the last three years and only had this problem today.

Six O Two

(Marco)
Weird, I'm getting the same problem in this section. Can't post replies unless I disable my adblocker (i'm running Firefox + ublockorigin and ABP plugins).

Also, each time I hit the ads thread, or this one for the first time, I gues a 'Page could not be loaded' message. If I do a hard refresh (ctrl+f5), the page then loads..
1657748981850.png

Six O Two

(Marco)
Oddly, I'm still not able to post in this specific thread (and the banner ads announcement thread) unless I disable my ad blocker. All other threads seems fine. I also still get the 'Page could not be loaded' message when I hit these two specific threads. But ctrl+f5, and the page loads fine.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Spent some time with a colleague brainstorming on this, but..
But ctrl+f5, and the page loads fine.
..this makes this impossible for me to diagnose.

It sounds like it might be something like a browser extension conflict, but I have no idea how to begin to tackle this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Six O Two

(Marco)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much how I feel about it. It's a non-issue to me. I definitely appreciate you spending a bit of time thinking about it, but totally understand that it's not worth troubleshooting something that very likely might be something specific with my setup.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Pretty much how I feel about it. It's a non-issue to me. I definitely appreciate you spending a bit of time thinking about it, but totally understand that it's not worth troubleshooting something that very likely might be something specific with my setup.

& @Jwest7788

Since Ctrl-F5 goes much further than just F5 and completely reloads the browser cache for that web page, and since the site works after doing that, I'd suggest the problem is indeed specific to your PC.

If I were to guess, your ad blocker is deleting what it thinks is a cached ad which then prevents the rest of the page from loading what it thought was already in memory but wasn't because the ad-blocker deleted it. Ctrl-F5 reloads everything including the piece the ad-blocker deleted so the web page works.

So ya, I think it is specific to your pc and your ad-blocker.

No biggie, just Ctrl-F5 and you are off and running.

Just my thoughts on it for whatever they are worth.