Tig settings

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Well we share the blind in one eye handicap. I read your note and my thoughts about getting a TIG welder died. One less thing to buy.

One eye is an inconvenience in other everyday things too. Try playing tennis, or pickleball with no depth perception.

But the good news is that we are both still working metal. I like to say, "never let what you can't do get in the way of doing what you can". We can still do a lot even with just one eye. Nuff to keep me happy anyway.
My tennis days went away along with my shoulder and I just couldn't talk myself into pickleball, yet.
Shooting with my left eye was a challenge as well. Right up there with driving in Australia and NZ on the wrong? right/ other side of the road with my blind eye facing oncoming traffic.
No casualties.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Sounds like you could use some sort of a depth stop fastened to the cup.
Now there's an idea! I might try that at some point but in the interest of getting the damn car done before I die, I better move on to Mig for now:D

Tom O

Ultra Member
Now there's an idea! I might try that at some point but in the interest of getting the damn car done before I die, I better move on to Mig for now:D

I think it’s possible mind you some tigs are scratch start so whatever mechanism it uses would probably need to be retracted for startup.