• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Testing Thread, come here to try things out.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
yeah I miss my iphone but I seldomly use my phone so decided on a cheaper option when my iphone became obsolete.

I think the main trick is to do all cropping and resizing right in the camera app. That works for photos and screenshots.

I usually use the attach function built into the forum web software. Paste works too but not consistently. The only time attach didn't work as expected was for a week or so after the great Christmas crash of 2022/2023.

Edit - make sure you are using the latest browser update for whichever one you use.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
So on the I phone why doesn’t the remember me square remember me when checked?

Maybe if I knew more about an iPhone, or if I was a bit smarter, I might know what you are asking Tom, but I confess I don't. Can you elaborate a bit?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
No, just my I phone it’s not a big deal but I thought I’d ask

What happens if you don't use the pc in between? In other words, login on your iPhone and use ONLY the iPhone for a few days.

Also check to see if a different browser (Firefox or Chrome or or or) instead of Safari on your iPhone does the same thing.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I never have to login on my iPhone. I also don’t close the safari tab for the forum.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Yes I’ll have to check it out more I use the iPad for the forum but now that I think about it when using the phone it is from email notifications that I have to log in.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
It was a rough week for my wife and I so it required a special comfort food meal.

Thankfully Metro had rib steaks on sale on Wednesday. I can't remember the last time we had steak.View attachment 34067

Lest anyone think I overcooked the steak...

IMG_20230429_200317872.jpg

That was two different types of roasted sweet potato, cut into thick slices after roasting, dabbed with a bit of butter and a pinch of salt and our special pepper blend.

The green beans were quickly sauteed in butter, garlic, lemon juice and zest and special pepper blend again.

This test confirms that when the pic is from my phone posting it is faster using..... wait for it.....

my phone

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
only at posting pics...

as soon as I need to write anything the laptop wins hands down

My phone is pretty fast for typing too. I used to be a four finger 70 words per minute typist, but I bet I couldn't do better than 40 today. Guessing my phone isn't a whole lot slower.