• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Table clamp

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
A curious fact is that he is doing all this milling on a large jog bore. In his low profile clamp video you get to see the front of the machine. The guy is a master.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I will probably use a fly cutter for the next one because the carbide doesn't like the intermittent cutting.

I wonder if it has to do with the rigidity of the set-up and the milling machine? The fellow in the video you posted seems to be using inserted fly cutters on the job.

Speaking of fly cutters - check out the one he uses in this video (starting at about 2:20)....

Great job on your toe / table clamps, btw.

Crosche

Super User
Have you watched Lars Christiansen’s fusion360 videos? I learned a whole lot quickly

Yes, I have followed Lars for quite awhile now and also have purchased some tutorials on Udemy. One of the courses is specifically geared toward learning to generate tool paths and G code.

Crosche

Super User
I wonder if it has to do with the rigidity of the set-up and the milling machine? The fellow in the video you posted seems to be using inserted fly cutters on the job.

Speaking of fly cutters - check out the one he uses in this video (starting at about 2:20)....

Carbide is brittle and tends to break when used for intermittent cuts due to the impact, whereas HSS can the handle impact. I managed to chip one of my carbide cutters on this project.
Also, Joe Pyezinsky has a great YouTube video on how to cut an accurate radius using a fly cutter, so I'd like to give his method a try.

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Wow Wow and RE Wow I can't find the right word to say how I am impressed . this video is very insterested . I just saw for the first time how to use little jack ? This video is the kind of video I love. How do call the machine you use ? I never saw a machine like this one it look a combination of a lathe and milling on same time ? next question what kind of oil are you using for tempered metal ? Thank you Marc Moreau

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
And a horizontal one at that - I did not recognize it at first - though it was, give the video angle, a horizontal milling machine.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Have you watched Lars Christiansen’s fusion360 videos? I learned a whole lot quickly

Working on it. I’m 80% through the second vid as I follow along making the same part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You guys know there are a bunch of free e-courses available on Lynda if you have a (Calgary Public) library card?
The number on left hand side of pane indicate count. I haven't delved into them but suspect its teh same as other apps, some good, some so-so, some maybe older or previous versions. Worth the price though.

Attachments

• 2020-03-27_13-02-55.jpg
    2020-03-27_13-02-55.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 0

Crosche

Super User
You guys know there are a bunch of free e-courses available on Lynda if you have a (Calgary Public) library card?
The number on left hand side of pane indicate count. I haven't delved into them but suspect its teh same as other apps, some good, some so-so, some maybe older or previous versions. Worth the price though.

Thanks! I didn't know that resource existed. Also, I posted a thread this morning in Links with links to YouTube channels and a website that I have found to be useful.

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau

I could watch this machine for hour's I don't think to get this machine at Busy Bee . This machine might be very expensive. Thank you for the video

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
More than the mill (that's a monster), I love the saw... Well... we will just take this piece of the 10" X 6" and zip, done!!!

Crosche

Super User
Here is my attempt at drawing the clamp in Fusion. Please note that the hole in the lower block is to be drilled and tapped 1/4-20.

Attachments

• Sliding Table Clamp v5.zip
    262.4 KB · Views: 0