• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Table clamp

Crosche

Super User
A table clamp I just finished from 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" CRS. The hardened jaw on the front of the clamp is missing.

Attachments

• 20200321_173512.jpg
    20200321_173512.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200321_173541.jpg
    20200321_173541.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 0

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
What are the overall dimensions? A ruler in you image would have helped with that.

Table clamps for my mill are on my to-do list.

Craig

Crosche

Super User
What are the overall dimensions? A ruler in you image would have helped with that.

Table clamps for my mill are on my to-do list.

Craig

My clamp is 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" x 1 1/4". I did a drawing in Fusion 360 if anyone is interested. I am going to use the rest of my 1 1/4" square stock and the try and make some from 1" square.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor

Really enjoyed this video. I was worried it would be in Spanish but no talking at all. I loved his detailed chalk drawing hilarious. Quite the machinist - he seemed to do the whole thing freehand. Thanks Crosche. If you feel inclined please post a drawing PDF or JPG for your model with dimensions? Then everyone can follow along even if they don't know Fusion.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I'd love to see the Fusion drawing as I'm bungling my way through learning F360.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Did you import his ChalkCad part as a Fusion background image? LOL

There are a couple need videos in TheMetalRaymond series. The setup on the horizontal axis mil is very different to my brain. Lots of strap clamps, jack screws & alignment blocking. You don't see a vise very often... until he eventually makes that too!

Attachments

• SNAG-3-25-2020 0001.jpg
    SNAG-3-25-2020 0001.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The setup on the horizontal axis mil is very different to my brain. Lots of strap clamps, jack screws & alignment blocking. You don't see a vise very often... until he eventually makes that too!

Watching a few of his videos, I could not help but notice the same thing: no vice. With all the set-up blocks he has, it makes for real rigid and repeatable work holding. Me thinks he made most of the work holding items himself. He is a master of the milling machine - especially that HBM.

It helps that he does the work at a very well equipped machine shop.

Crosche

Super User
Glad you guys enjoyed the video. The set up techniques that the gentleman uses on the mill are very unique and something I intend to explore further.

I will try to get some files posted this weekend for those of you who are interested in them.