• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

stage 1 conversion

SLC_FAB

i now have 2 of the 3 axis running on ball screws and am hoping to have the Z done next week, im sure other guys with children can relate to not having enough hours in the day to do everything we need to. I am wondering if anyone else has a CNC conversion project they are planning?

EricB

You don't need kids to not have enough time, so I can't even imagine what it's like WITH kids. [emoji14] How has the process been? Relatively straight-forward or a pain?

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

SLC_FAB

lol @EricB , youre right, there is not enough hours in the day.

the process is straight forward on paper but when i really cracked into it there were little hick ups along the way. The y-axis saddle needed to be machined more for the x-axis ball screw because it was interfering. That meant tearing it apart again, milling it, cleaning, oiling and re assembly. along with setting the backlash between the ball nut mount, gibbs and keepers and i will be honest i had to walk away from it for an evening:mad:. i still dont have the z-axis done lol.