• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

stage 1 conversion

i now have 2 of the 3 axis running on ball screws and am hoping to have the Z done next week, im sure other guys with children can relate to not having enough hours in the day to do everything we need to. I am wondering if anyone else has a CNC conversion project they are planning?

You don't need kids to not have enough time, so I can't even imagine what it's like WITH kids. [emoji14] How has the process been? Relatively straight-forward or a pain?

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

lol @EricB , youre right, there is not enough hours in the day.

the process is straight forward on paper but when i really cracked into it there were little hick ups along the way. The y-axis saddle needed to be machined more for the x-axis ball screw because it was interfering. That meant tearing it apart again, milling it, cleaning, oiling and re assembly. along with setting the backlash between the ball nut mount, gibbs and keepers and i will be honest i had to walk away from it for an evening:mad:. i still dont have the z-axis done lol.

Back