• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Southern Alberta Members?

Farmboy1

Yes, we are still in the process of moving in, large lathe still needs levelling and power hook up. So far very happy, thank you for the kind words.

Farmboy1

Very nice lift, it does anything I need to lift so far, extended lift version as well, I had the room with 20’ ceilings.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Nice. What size & brand are the lathes & mill? They look like Modern's from a distance.

Farmboy1

Yes the small one is a 14x40 and the big one is a 22x80, the mill is a 3VM with a 10x50 table and variable speed, I also have a 50ton press, metal band saw and modern drill grinder that will grind from 1/4”-3” bits

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Yes plus 2x10 walls filled with ridgid structural foam insulation and completely sealed.
Wow that's impressive. Are those SIP structural insulated panel walls? 10" - R40? R50? Did you insulate under the pad? What with? What R value?

Farmboy1

No, I had a bunch of ridgid sheets of insulation and ripped them to width in the table saw then put them in place and put in low expanding foam to seal up any gaps between the studs and the panels. Under the slab is 2” thick of the same panels with rebar on top of that and we went 10” thick slab keyed to 14” around the edges to allow for some of the heavy equipment we bring into the shop.