South Ontario Snow

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Back when they did the rural gasification of Saskatchewan I was told that if a farmer wanted a big feeder line for a grain dryer, all he did was ask and the appropriate size trunk line was run to service him. If no farmers in the area expressed an interest then the supply lines were downsized to only supply residential needs. I'm more than a kilometer from a suitable supply line and didn't want to spend the 50k to get it fed over. My Father in law's dying wish was that I took his 1000 gallon propane tank before his dipshit neighbour did. I can go about 5 years between fills at my current usage. My only issue with it was that I had to remove the axles for the last fill as the regulations changed and they are not allowed to fill a mobile tank of that size anymore.
Yeah, rural area gas implementation does not really have a standard.

Wherever I go I'll have multiple power sources, including diesel since I have a diesel jetta I shall have til the day I die. I'd like to get back into making biodiesel given diesel costs now but that will have to wait too.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I've always got the vantage 300 to fall back on....so long as the power was back on withen about 24hrs...or I'll be sucking diesel out of the pickup to feed it

But....the power is pretty reliable in Calgary, so nots not much of a concern, at least until the zombie apocalypse, thanks to "the last of us" we have a pretty good idea what to expect here in Alberta!