South Ontario Snow

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
no storage tank required! the whole bottom of the generator is the tank! buy 10,000l delivery to your door is free! lol

of course im joking around

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The shoot just gets smaller and smaller like a clogged artery and then you are cooked. By then it's also ice, hard as nails, and a pain to remove. Most blowers come with a cleaning bar for that reason.
I think maybe I should get one of those bars for my arteries.
Good luck folks I hope the extreme weather doesn't hammer you too hard out there, and hopefully it will also be short lived.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Tobaganning isn’t allowed in parts of southern Ontario now.....

Remember the GT snow racers? If you jumped them too high the front ski would snap off leading to bad times :D
Wow! What with modern food chains taking pretty much everyone to breeding age, how is Darwin supposed have a fighting chance? Welcome to Idiocracy.

Apparently tobogganing is a go in Toronto. imo banning something like that rather than having the freedom to exercise your own decision making is obscene.

Last edited:

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I think maybe I should get one of those bars for my arteries.
Good luck folks I hope the extreme weather doesn't hammer you too hard out there, and hopefully it will also be short lived.

I use diatomaceous earth to keep all the internal plumbing clean, I believe in the theory, its natural and I do notice a difference when I don't take it. but be warned its terrible tasting stuff.

Wow! What with modern food chains taking pretty much everyone to breeding age, how is Darwin supposed have a fighting chance? Welcome to Idiocracy.

Apparently tobogganing is a go in Toronto. imo banning something like that rather than having the freedom to exercise your own decision making is obscene.
I have an old toboggan that fits 8 adults, years ago talked inlaws that had never been tobogganing before to go for a ride in Suicide Hill in High Park, TO, I bailed before hitting the jump, :cool:.

It did several things,

Impressed all the local kids that we hit mach speeds, sounded like a freight train going by, made the jump (it tracks straight) and got about 4-6ft air (I can vouch for that).

It also set the tone with the inlaws that this was me having fun, consider what I'm like if I'm upset ;) after the bumps and bruised tail bones:p. Luckily my future (and still current) wife found it funny.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Hamilton is one of those places, but apparently it’s a liability dodge.

Someone sued the city when they got hurt tobogganing on public property years ago. So the city said tobogganing is no longer allowed. No one will stop you or write you a ticket but if you try to sue they can say you were breaking the rules.
It still sets a bad precedent

I for one remember road trips as a kid to the east coast with a mattress in the back of a station wagon

Tobaganning was a blast until you swerved and went into the trees or went out onto the ice that wasn’t quite thick enough, it’s amazing we all survived and live to tell the tales :D

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
It still sets a bad precedent

I for one remember road trips as a kid to the east coast with a mattress in the back of a station wagon

Tobaganning was a blast until you swerved and went into the trees or went out onto the ice that wasn’t quite thick enough, it’s amazing we all survived and live to tell the tales :D

I remember the crazy carpets in the early to mid 70's. We would send all the girls down the hill 1st, then us bad boys would head down and slide rite into em' ...
We always promised them, we wouldn't do it again after bout the 3rd time thou.
No fun walking home with wet snow pants down into the long johns.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
It's amazing what that snott will stick to. The shoot just gets smaller and smaller like a clogged artery and then you are cooked. By then it's also ice, hard as nails, and a pain to remove. Most blowers come with a cleaning bar for that reason.
I had an hand me down 70's old roper snowblower years ago, and found a video on youtube where a guy lined the shute with crazy carpet. I put 3 strips in on the back/sides with self taping screws, and it made a world of difference. That blower is gone to the great scrap yard in the sky, but if the snow today is bad, the kids are going to lose a crazy carpet......

Another video had a guy put rubber wiper on the end of the impeller, and it made threw the snow a lot farther too. I never went that far. The crazy carpet is easy though depending on your shute design.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Clarington reversed the ban pretty quick too. We've got a good toboggan hill in the back of our property so I don't need gov permission..... When the kids were little my Dad was buying up every GT he could find cheap at yard sales. Got up to about 15 at one point and I told him, "ok enough, don't buy anymore GT's". Next weekend he shows up and is immediately on the defensive. "I know you said not to buy anymore, but the lady gave me these ones for free" lol. I gave a bunch to my buddies kids, and I've got enough gt's and parts to last a few lifetimes. Every year we have a big tobogganing party, with a campfire, hot choco/apple cider, and adults pretending to be kids again. Hauling Gt's back up the hill is just as, if not more dreadful as an adult as it was when I was a kid. The best part is towing them behind the Sled.

I've got an even bigger/longer hill that if I had a tractor I would smooth out, remove some trees, and berm it up for a bobsled run. A couple years ago in the spring, it was all icy (it's shaded and is the last to thaw), my son and I took a crack at it. I thought we were both going to die, Instant regret lol. Was fun though :D. They've got these foam board things now. Like cushioned crazy carpets, and it's the best sled I've ever seen. Wicked fast.

They're getting into skiing now, so the tobogganing days might be numbered, but it's been a lot of fun. I haven't ski'd in 20 years, and I'm going to give it a whirl with them tomorrow. They have helmets now :D. Those would have been handy back then........

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
It's amazing what that snott will stick to.

Ohh, let me tell ya,

I married several young girls back in the early 70's at the bottom of the sliding hills.
- No paperwork, no age limits, just sharing our snotty noses and double-bubble gum. I kept the comics thou!

We were happy to share the virus back then.. Not sure if that was legal like, but we got away with it.
No scarf in the way either, we pulled that down pretty quick.

Come to think, that was probably 1 of the 1st times, I shared my runny nose with the girl 2 farms over. Even landed a running nose hickey layin' down on my crazy carpet behind her barn.

Good things the girls back then knew better than to plant them on our necks, so our parents wouldn't find out.
I miss runny frozen snott on my crazy carpet:eek:

Ohh, the chintario winters have changed!

Last edited:

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I'd prefer natural gas model
Check your supply line capacity first. I put in a 36kw years ago thinking to run on natural gas. When Saskenergy ran the simulations they said three of my neighbours would lose supply if I started it up. Now I have a 1000 gallon propane tank instead.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I use diatomaceous earth to keep all the internal plumbing clean, I believe in the theory, its natural and I do notice a difference when I don't take it. but be warned its terrible tasting stuff.

That just the leftovers from the fish having sex in that water....