Not a bad idea as long as you factor in the shipping, duty ,exchange rate, and Canadian taxes.Back to Sourcing Metal Stock (LOL)....
Would there be any appetite organizing a bulk combined order from one of the larger USA suppliers like below, maybe if some logistics could be worked out? For example
- everyone has a wish list in the que, these would be assembled into an order, spreadsheet easy-peasy
- select a mutually acceptable date, ideally coinciding with the perpetual 10-20% off deals that comes along, maybe a 1-2 times per year spring/fall thing?
- place order, drop ship to favorable USA border depot (it all arrives ~ same time)
- the potentially tricky but not insurmountable bit: a dedicated mule with makes a run to border, reimbursed fuel & expenses etc.
- divide the load back in Calgary, everybody gets their drops of unobtanium bronze, brass, cast iron... etc
Buy Metal and Plastics at Online Metals | OnlineMetals.com®️With over 21 years of selling metal online, Online Metals offers the best service, selection, and knowledge. Free MTRs, no cut fees, fast shipping!www.onlinemetals.com
Speedy Metals Online Industrial Metal SupplyGo to SpeedyMetals.com for Stainless Steel, Tool Steel, Aluminum, Bronze, Brass, Cast Iron and Copper. SpeedyMetals.com is your online source for industrial metal supply. Call 866-938-6061 to speak with a representative.www.speedymetals.com
You can order direct from McMaster Carr if needed. Just set up an account under XYZ Machining that's what I did.