• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Some MT 2 drill bits for sale

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey folks,

I was buying some drill bits at a machine shop sale and ended up with 3 extra 11/16” and an extra 49/64”

The bits are #2 morse taper and in good condition. I paid $5 each. My brothers are coming to Ontario from Calgary in October so I could send them out that way if anybody is interested? 571BB355-3E85-45FD-8099-443588D0A332.jpeg

Brian H

Super User
I am very interested in these, what is their over all length? I want to make sure they fit in my lathe

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hi Brian,

Sorry for the response delay.

The three 11/16" bits are just a hair over 9 inches overall - the taper will account for just over 2.5 inches Bits are made by: CoMeT, Hercules and Butterfield

The 49/64" bit is about 9-1/4" long over all - same taper. This bit is made by DOMINION

You can always cut the bits down with a zip disc and then re-grind the cutter profile if they are too long. My lathe is a 10 x 20 and the other bits I have work great!

Brent H

Ultra Member
Just what I paid - $20. They were $5 each at this guy’s sale. It wasn’t well lit where I was picking bits - and I got the same ones a few times. LOL. I can ship them to you at your cost or if you are in Calgary I can send them with my brothers in a October and they can contact you and you can pay one of them at the drop.

Brent H

Ultra Member
I can do that no problem. The guy I got them from has/had a lot of them for sale. I will write the guy and see if I can buy more. He had quite a few with a MT3 taper but they were over 1” and $25 each. Under 1” was $5. I was really rushed when I first went. If he has others I’ll let you know. If you email me your address I will stop at the post office and see what I can arrange.