Some MT 2 drill bits for sale

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey folks,

I was buying some drill bits at a machine shop sale and ended up with 3 extra 11/16” and an extra 49/64”

The bits are #2 morse taper and in good condition. I paid $5 each. My brothers are coming to Ontario from Calgary in October so I could send them out that way if anybody is interested? 571BB355-3E85-45FD-8099-443588D0A332.jpeg

Brian H

Super User
I am very interested in these, what is their over all length? I want to make sure they fit in my lathe

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hi Brian,

Sorry for the response delay.

The three 11/16" bits are just a hair over 9 inches overall - the taper will account for just over 2.5 inches Bits are made by: CoMeT, Hercules and Butterfield

The 49/64" bit is about 9-1/4" long over all - same taper. This bit is made by DOMINION

You can always cut the bits down with a zip disc and then re-grind the cutter profile if they are too long. My lathe is a 10 x 20 and the other bits I have work great!

Brent H

Ultra Member
Just what I paid - $20. They were $5 each at this guy’s sale. It wasn’t well lit where I was picking bits - and I got the same ones a few times. LOL. I can ship them to you at your cost or if you are in Calgary I can send them with my brothers in a October and they can contact you and you can pay one of them at the drop.

Brent H

Ultra Member
I can do that no problem. The guy I got them from has/had a lot of them for sale. I will write the guy and see if I can buy more. He had quite a few with a MT3 taper but they were over 1” and $25 each. Under 1” was $5. I was really rushed when I first went. If he has others I’ll let you know. If you email me your address I will stop at the post office and see what I can arrange.