• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Some Mods To the Belt Drive On My Mill

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
VERY INTERESTING!! I have the exact same mill and have the same complaints with mine as well! I wish it had a few lower speeds and this looks like a great idea! Thanks for posting it.

Throw a 3 phase motor and VFD on her and you'll never have to change belt positions again. Second best upgrade I have made to my mill.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Thanks Terry, I've been looking for someway to do the 600rpm range. I set up with a link belt today, motor to spindle, and it will work well.:)

Rotaxxx

Throw a 3 phase motor and VFD on her and you'll never have to change belt positions again. Second best upgrade I have made to my mill.

I have a 2hp 3 phase motor here to put on it one of these days, how ever money is tight (been out of work for a while) and I shouldn't buy a VFD yet so I will have to make due with what I have and try this out first!