Tool Slitting Saw Holder

Tool

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
So today I went through the boxes we brought back from Misha's place yesterday. I knew I'd seen those disk drive carriers before.

AnExtra3Holders.jpg

The Philips heads aren't as bad so I don't think I'll slit them just yet. Now I wish I hadn't ordered one on EBAY that may take another month to arrive. And I really should listen to my own advice that says just organize. Don't throw things out yet and don't order repair parts until everything is here and sorted.
I bought a plastic shelf unit from RONA today 18x36x72 and now most of his stuff is off the ground. But there's still stuff all over our house.

Baby steps...

lucsimoneau

The trouble with an easy to use 3D CAD program is it's like 3D printing and infectious. Hey, I'll draw one of those...
View attachment 44859

View attachment 44860
The up side of this approach is it requires less material removal from the 1.5" diameter stock compared to the other model. But it requires getting or having the screw. And since it's turned from a number of different sides, like those YouTube videos it does take way more time and measurement to get everything to fit precisely.

Most of the slitting saws from Aliexpress have smaller holes. Even Busybee where I bought my kit of 3 saws and arbour doesn't have it in stock and the holes are no longer keyed or 1" ID. Grizzly Tools has saws with 1" ID.

Now I can't make up my mind.

OTOH, once calibrated all it requires is an offset to an edge of the installed blade and then it becomes part of the tool table and the blade cutting position is always known.
Do you, by any chance, have the 3D model for this holder? Thanks!

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I exported all three in step format (millimeters). I haven't built this one yet so double check the dimensions. If someone wants I can post the native Alibre Assembly.

Attachments

• TTS_SlittingSawHolder.zip
    379.9 KB · Views: 3