• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Site slow or unreachable at times

trlvn

Ultra Member
Sorry to bear bad news, but the site has been quite laggy for me today. Clicking the "Mark forums read" button took about 10 seconds to bring up the confirming dialog box and then 10+ seconds to return after clicking that button. Earlier, clicking the "Alerts" button took quite a few seconds to produce that list.

Craig

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’ve been finding Telus being a bit slow pausing videos and such showing as not connected what are the people having trouble using?
im on Telus using Chrom.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I’ve been finding Telus being a bit slow pausing videos and such showing as not connected what are the people having trouble using?
im on Telus using Chrom.

It's been really good for me today. Calgary, Shaw Cable, IE11.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
For clarity, does it seem slow when going from page to page, or only when trying to take an action on a single page, like reply, or like, etc?

trlvn

Ultra Member
For clarity, does it seem slow when going from page to page, or only when trying to take an action on a single page, like reply, or like, etc?
It is random what is fast and slow. Just now, it took 20+ seconds for the main page to appear. But then getting a list of new posts and opening the interesting ones in tabs was very quick.

I'm curious now how long it will take to post this message...

Craig

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I just experienced a significant refresh pause. I thought it was going to come back with an error but didn't.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Using Safari, Cloudfare eventually served a copy of the site from the Internet Archive. Eventually, I got logged on using Firefox. When opening interesting threads in tabs, this thread failed to load. After I read the other threads, this tab then loaded (slowly) upon a refresh.

Craig

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
And several times for me, not looking good roll out the tanks and heavy artillery Josh .

Last edited: