• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Self-contained workshop space

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Too bad I can't get that on this side and up the Trent system into rice lake, I could have my own little island getaway 15 minutes from the house :D. She doesn't know how lucky she is sometimes.....

She said I can't get any MORE boats, but that I could sell all my current ones and get one nice one.

You could always take the Panama canal to get here on this side, but I don't think the Trent can handle it......

Brent H

Ultra Member
I spent 30 years machining and welding and fixing crap on a ship - not a great “stable” platform for much of anything. 200 miles out, yep, do what ya want after the green leaves your gills - LOL.

Lead paint for sure, asbestos (over blown problem) but will cost. For $55K gut, auction and send to the breakers - should scrap for good value. Lots of real copper piping, miles of wire etc.

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member

Comes with 22,000lbs crane and 50 rooms, and helicopter pad. Current offer $55,000.
View attachment 35534
If there is no charge for parking it, I will choose it as a place to live. Does Canada need to charge? In addition, do you need specific qualifications (such as a driver's license) for the owner of the property?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Like parking everywhere location is everything. I’m parking underground in downtown calgary tomorrow - it will cost $22.

I don’t think you need a captains license to own that old ship but if you want to drive it then I’m sure there is a long and expensive path to getting a captains ticket. Brent?

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Like parking everywhere location is everything. I’m parking underground in downtown calgary tomorrow - it will cost $22.

I don’t think you need a captains license to own that old ship but if you want to drive it then I’m sure there is a long and expensive path to getting a captains ticket. Brent?
Just your safety inspection and liability insurance on that puppy would bankrupt most of us.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member

Its 22/hour at BCE place, but there is a 34/day max....that ups to 44 if still there after 6. Brutal.

Thats a great fantasy to think of have a ship/shop/abode like that, then I think of the work and cost and lose all interest.

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thats a great fantasy to think of have a ship/shop/abode like that, then I think of the work and cost and lose all interest.

Me too. I once watched them painting the Chichimaun ferry during a crossing. I'd be dead by the time I finished one coat of paint alone on that "deal".

It might be perfect for a billionaire with a car collection though.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
On the ferry i worked on only a class 5 drivers license was required. No need to navigate a cable driven ferry. :)

Its 22/hour at BCE place, but there is a 34/day max....that ups to 44 if still there after 6. Brutal.

Ha ha ha, park in Manhattan CDN$80.00 for 3-1/2 hrs. o_O