Self-contained workshop space

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Talk about a cool house boat! No property taxes. Huge workshop. Full living quarters. Just take it someplace nice and private, run it aground, and life is good!

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I actually looked over this, it is HUGE. There is already partial shop on it and it comes with a lot of generators etc. Even forklift.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I actually looked over this, it is HUGE. There is already partial shop on it and it comes with a lot of generators etc. Even forklift.

I looked too. It's amazing. Looks like an old ferry. The work shop is partially equipped. I wasn't kidding about it making a nice house boat. A bit over the top, but still!

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
I looked too. It's amazing. Looks like an old ferry. The work shop is partially equipped. I wasn't kidding about it making a nice house boat. A bit over the top, but still!
It's the old Queen of Tsawassen. She used to do service between Vancouver and Victoria - I rode her a few times in her day, before she was retired in 2007.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Talk about a cool house boat! No property taxes. Huge workshop. Full living quarters. Just take it someplace nice and private, run it aground, and life is good!
ah no.

You don't run it aground, because sea level rise means you want to retain hull integrity. Just install sound mooring at the desired location.

There is a dude in Muskokas who is putting barges on lakes in Cottage country just to have cheap places with zero tax. The locals are up in arms.

I'd buy this in a second if it was on georgian bay

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I’m sure it’s full of lead paint, asbestos, chemicals, imagine the disposal costs. It’s not big enough to tow to Bangladesh for the ship breakers there to be worth it. So it sits. Like the liberty fleet in the USA. Medium Big ships. Moored for 80 years now.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Too bad I can't get that on this side and up the Trent system into rice lake, I could have my own little island getaway 15 minutes from the house :D. She doesn't know how lucky she is sometimes.....

She said I can't get any MORE boats, but that I could sell all my current ones and get one nice one.