• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Other Sears Craftsman Garden Tractor

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I left the fuel on a couple of times after putting in the fuel on/off valve with the same results. I've now gotten into the habit of shutting off the fuel on the way to parking, once it starts to sputter I shut it down with the key.
That's what I did this time when I backed it into the parking spot. It's ready to connect to the big roller that should be interesting.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Couldn't resist. Had to go out and hook it up. Did most of the lawn going very slowly. Flattened the grass. Not so sure it did much to the ground from the perspective of making it less bumpy. That's partly also because some of the bumps are clumps of grass and some of the dips are dandelions that have killed the grass underneath their leaves.

We're not allowed to use broad leaf weed killer anymore. We can hire a company to use broad leaf weed killer.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Not so sure it did much to the ground from the perspective of making it less bumpy.

I don't think anyone mentioned that this has to be done after a good rain. Dry ground doesn't roll worth crap. Around here, the very best time to do it is after the spring melt and the first spring rain but before the grass starts growing.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I don't think anyone mentioned that this has to be done after a good rain. Dry ground doesn't roll worth crap. Around here, the very best time to do it is after the spring melt and the first spring rain but before the grass starts growing.
Been very dry here but I understand.
I also expect that it will take more than one time.