RF45 too good to be true!

Perry

Ultra Member
When I purchased my mill it came with an xy DRO and an extra scale the previous owner had ordered by mistake. I tried an igaging DRO on the quill without much success.
I finally got around to installing the scale and making an Arduino reader and display. It works fine except for the lcd display which doesn’t update fast enough to follow anything but a fairly slow movement. I might do something about that but for now it’s good enough.View attachment 44804
Is the display slow to update/refresh or is it a software issue? If it is the display, I have a bunch of small LCD displays. Your welcome to a few if you would like to try them. If it is software, are you polling the data coming in to the Arduino or using interrupts to get the data? Interrupts would make for a smoother/faster response I would think.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Darren - once in a while these things go sour. Usually they don't. I'm still hoping you get what you expected to get.

But it is funny regardless.

I've been getting a steady stream of reminders from Crappy Tire to complete their survey in exchange for a free Dewalt Tool Set. Doesn't seem square to me so I have not clicked the link. I might call CTire today.

gerritv

Gerrit
To quote:
"
The buyer protection terms are as follows:

• A full refund – you are obliged to receive it if the product isn’t as described by the seller; if the parcel fails to arrive within the specified time or never at all.
  • A partial refund – if the goods don’t meet the description, but you decide to keep them.
Additionally the seller does not get the money until you acknowledge delivery.

Jswain

Joe
To quote:
"
The buyer protection terms are as follows:

• A full refund – you are obliged to receive it if the product isn’t as described by the seller; if the parcel fails to arrive within the specified time or never at all.
  • A partial refund – if the goods don’t meet the description, but you decide to keep them.
Additionally the seller does not get the money until you acknowledge delivery.
Yes, so when the expected date of arrival comes and goes then he can request a refund. Or if it shows up and it isn't and RF45 mill.

MrWhoopee

Out of dozens of purchases off AE, I've only had one go bad. It wasn't one of those "too good to be true" things. It took longer than normal, and when it finally arrived it was the tiniest possible mailer with nothing in it. I filed a claim in my usual, somewhat wordy style. It was denied. I filed an appeal, simply stating "They sent me an empty envelope." Refund was immediate.

justin1

Super User
@Darren you should film the shipping tag and you opening the box as you may need it for getting refund to submit as proof if you end up having to do claim to AliExpress makes getting refund easier.

That's if you get some random box of stuff? Hopefully a mill shows up

also I've had good dealings for carbide endmills from this supplier seem to work good. Got from 1/8 to 1/2 from them no complaints

Jswain

Joe
I have no doubt he will get his money back, just sometimes it's an inconvenience for the time that it takes to supposedly show up.

Worst case visa or PayPal, but he probably won't have to take it that far, just wait the course

Jswain

Joe
@Darren you should film the shipping tag and you opening the box as you'll need it for getting refund to submit as proof if you end up having to do claim to AliExpress makes getting refund easier.

That's if you get some random box of stuff? Hopefully a mill shows up

also I've had good dealings for carbide endmills from this supplier seem to work good. Got from 1/8 to 1/2 from them no complaints

Your link says invalid, I'm thinking it's xuhan tho? That's where I got mine from as well

Jswain

Joe
Wierd when I click it seem to work. But here's a link to some of the endmills I bought HRC70s and bought some of the HRC50s

Xuhan HRC70

Xuhan HRC50

Xuhan HRC55 Roughing
Same spot as I got mine from, they seem very nice but I have nothing to compare it to other then cheap hss endmills. And probably won't at the price different of ordering these

I just got this rougher in the mail but haven't used it yet. I have and like a 3/8" accusize cobalt rougher but this carbide is ~ 1/2 price or less than Amazon cobalt in similar size

+1 for aliexpress

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229_091246_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240229_091246_AliExpress.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 3

MrWhoopee

Wierd when I click it seem to work. But here's a link to some of the endmills I bought HRC70s and bought some of the HRC50s

Xuhan HRC70

Xuhan HRC50

Xuhan HRC55 Roughing

I just ordered another 5 of these in 8mm ('cause you can hold them in a 5/16 collet).

Sb6bb0bd01a354bd7bb623aa841e0ec6a2.jpg

I've been doing a lot of milling on import lathe toolholders, which are in the Rc 45 range (best guess, they're hard on taps). Finally chipped a corner on the first one. Those Xuhan cutters are an even better buy. I'll be ordering some.

MrWhoopee

Xuhan HRC70

Xuhan HRC50

Xuhan HRC55 Roughing

Something strange about those links. The first one takes me to HRC55 endmills, which are a good buy.

1709227288656.png

The second one takes me to an electromagnetic controller

1709227408266.png

The third one works fine.

When copying links, you just need everything before the question mark. After the question mark is just info about how you got there (where the back button takes you) and other unnecessary stuff.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
My experiences with Aliexpress have been great, I mostly purchase inexpensive electronic component; switches, connectors that type of thing. Of the perhaps 200 orders I have had one were what they sent was not as advertised and I did not get a refund.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
Is the display slow to update/refresh or is it a software issue? If it is the display, I have a bunch of small LCD displays. Your welcome to a few if you would like to try them. If it is software, are you polling the data coming in to the Arduino or using interrupts to get the data? Interrupts would make for a smoother/faster response I would think.
I have a stash of lcd displays too. I’ve run into the same issue on another project. Off the top of my head an lcd write takes more 100 millisecond with no interrupts. With 100s of interrupts per second it will be even longer. I have some 7 segment led displays on the way from China. Based on YouTube videos they are a lot faster.