• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Precision Mathews TL Lathe

One note about P.M.
They offer shipping to any of the lower 48 for a flat rate of $499, and any accessories you purchase are included.
Although you won't be able to physically look before you buy.
Having it shipped and held at a cross border warehouse for pickup in Montana would save you a lot in shipping.
Ken

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought a new PM1236 PEP a couple of years ago. Not the TL series, but as for service, I think PM is great. I had a motor starting issue and they had a start capacitor in the mail to me immediately after receiving my question about the motor not starting in a higher gear. I said that maybe we should diagnose more first and they said lets start there. Other questions got answered quickly. I am only 30 minutes North of the Minnesota border and we have a depot on the other side so it was easy to have it shipped up. I arranged import. Saved me a lot of money with them not shipping internationally.

My understanding is that, as much as many colours of lathes are made in the same factory, PM sends a guy over to insure his line is made to his specs, hence the good reputation they have. If I had a Modern Tool closer, I may have gone with them due to the rave reviews they receive here on this forum. But at the time, they would have been more $$, iirc.