Precision Mathews TL Lathe

One note about P.M.
They offer shipping to any of the lower 48 for a flat rate of $499, and any accessories you purchase are included.
Although you won't be able to physically look before you buy.
Having it shipped and held at a cross border warehouse for pickup in Montana would save you a lot in shipping.
Ken

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I bought a new PM1236 PEP a couple of years ago. Not the TL series, but as for service, I think PM is great. I had a motor starting issue and they had a start capacitor in the mail to me immediately after receiving my question about the motor not starting in a higher gear. I said that maybe we should diagnose more first and they said lets start there. Other questions got answered quickly. I am only 30 minutes North of the Minnesota border and we have a depot on the other side so it was easy to have it shipped up. I arranged import. Saved me a lot of money with them not shipping internationally.

My understanding is that, as much as many colours of lathes are made in the same factory, PM sends a guy over to insure his line is made to his specs, hence the good reputation they have. If I had a Modern Tool closer, I may have gone with them due to the rave reviews they receive here on this forum. But at the time, they would have been more $$, iirc.