• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Plasma advice

C25..... argon/co2 mix...... They had absolutely no fuel odor, I suspect the one was never used.
20260827_104923.jpg
......If I mounted them as they were made
20260828_122842.jpg
......I like this better..... naturally 🙄 😛
20260906_102106.jpg

It just means a little bit of relocating....... the truck was on propane when I got it, but the tank etc was in terrible condition and gas is much more readily available. I have been driving it on an outboard motor tank while I was looking for tanks. My patience ran out and these were pretty close to what I was looking for.
Thinking about sprucing up the deck on my "Rolling Violation" while I am at it.... just have to keep the extremities out of harms way in the meantime. 😉
 
Ow - sumbitch... I got one of those too. It was last summer, so I can't remember the precise details, but I think I missed a part when I reassembled the tip. Why did I have to take the tip apart? Because I'd destroyed it by firing it without the air connected. Why did I do that? Because I'd just switched over from my little Miller plasma (still for sale, btw) that has internal air and forgot. Is yours a super-cheapie ArcCaptain from amazon too? I gather they're okay, but like it'd cost anything to put a pressure switch in there to prevent it from firing when there's no air supply. Cheap bastards.
 
I think mine is a Weldking cut 30. I bought it about 10 years ago and it has sat on the shelf long enough that I almost forgot I had it. 🙄
It was on a deep reduction sale at kms, was just over a hundred bucks as I recall.
 
Can't beat that price with a stick. Did you read the fine print for a notice that you were getting it that cheaply in anticipation of future injury?
 
Ah, hmm, so ah yes, o.k. And why and how long were you in the rubber room.
Anyway that is not how to have a day go having a finger hooked to a hot dog cooker.
 
I do...... they're 20 ft sea cans with a 12x20 shelter logic carport straddling between the two. I also have a 12 foot pickup deck welded between the two at the back that forms a small mezzanine that I use as a work space.
I kinda go over it's birth in there.
I was using a kerosene/diesel heater when I was out there, but that is a little cost prohibitive right now...... even in the winter, the sun really warms up on the upper level, too bad we only get a couple hours a day of it for a couple months. And in the summer it gets pretty hot in there until the sun goes down.
It's a little bit redneck, but, I am kinda antisocial, have four german shepherds and drive old trucks and a jeep. I don't have a sister, but I swear if I did I would climb the water tower with a bucket of paint to defend her honor. 🙄 😎
 
Back
Top