• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Our Motorcycles - Post What You Got

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Now I feel disheartened. I am thinking of swapping out the 110cc to a pulse-quickening 140cc, but still maybe not in the same league as the rest of you. On the other hand, I live in Vancouver and my little putt-putt is the absolute best urban traffic handler and I smile like an idiot whenever I get out and ride it.

Sym 2017.jpeg

Last edited:

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Now I feel disheartened. I am thinking of swapping out the 110cc to a pulse-quickening 140cc, but still maybe not in the same league as the rest of you. On the other hand, I live in Vancouver and my little putt-putt is the absolute best urban traffic handler and I smile like an idiot whenever I get out and ride it.

View attachment 39824

hey nothing wrong with your putt putt! I have been so close to buying a honda ruckus more than once, i think something like what you have is perfect just to whip over to the store on

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member

View attachment 39824
I always had more fun riding smaller motorcycles. I would love to have little cub, or something similar. If I lived in town, I'd probably have a vespa or something like it too. We used to have one for a pitbike and it was a blast.

I used to take a lot of flack for riding the Wifes Bandit 400 on group rides. One of the most fun bikes I ever owned.

Last edited:

Tecnico

(Dave)
hey nothing wrong with your putt putt! I have been so close to buying a honda ruckus more than once, i think something like what you have is perfect just to whip over to the store on

I second that! I grew up on bikes as I could afford it, my first was an underpowered 125 dual purpose. I grew through 250s and jumped to a massive (lol) GS550 and eventually the VF1000 Interceptor.

I love the Interceptor but the city isn’t where it shines so I miss the 250s sometimes, but if I have just one bike……

D :cool:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

View attachment 39824
My little 400 Hawk is nearly as much fun as my 1300.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Mine are in the shed sleeping for way to long a 1963 BSA B40 and a 1973 Norton High Rider ( not the pics shown) my BSA has the round tank emblems with a 350 single for power the Norton is a 750. I did change up for 7 months with a 2008 Harley Anniversary Special before the idiot pulling a trailer turned left on me . IMG_1013.jpeg

IMG_1014.jpeg

IMG_1016.jpeg

Upnorth

A while ago when I lived in Calgary I decided to go on a motorcycle trip. So I bought a BMW F650GS and headed out to the Yukon. Then back down the Cassiar highway. No real plans or schedule. Although it was summer the daytime highs were usually below 10C and it rained almost every day. It was still the best trip I ever went on in my life. This photo was taken on the day I lost the rear fender also w as the possum scraper. I never went back to get it.

BMW.jpg

Photo is from near Stewart in British Columbia. Edit: Forgot to mention I still have this motorcycle. Needs a radiator but is still sound otherwise.

Last edited:

BMW Rider

Super User
Nice bikes. One of the guys I used to race with had an 1100gs with 180,000km that he'd just traded for a 1200gs before he passed away. What a comfy couch of a mile eater bike that was. We were always tossing around ideas for an Alaska trip with a couple other guys but just never got around to committing. I'd love to make that trip someday.
Planning a trip up to Tuk next summer with a buddy of mine from BC. We've had it on the bucket list for a couple years too, but the world had other plans. I'm also going down to Chile, leaving next week, and going on a group tour down to Ushuaia. The goal is to reach the top and bottom rideable points of the Americas within a year. Also will be the third ocean in Canada ridden to for me.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Sounds like an awesome trip. Be sure to post some pics here, I'd love to see them.

When the kids are grown and hopefully self sufficient out on their own I'd like to get back into bike touring, but the offroad kind. I don't have a major itch for it anymore like I used to, but it's still in my blood a bit.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Mine are in the shed sleeping for way to long a 1963 BSA B40 and a 1973 Norton High Rider ( not the pics shown) my BSA has the round tank emblems with a 350 single for power the Norton is a 750. I did change up for 7 months with a 2008 Harley Anniversary Special before the idiot pulling a trailer turned left on me .View attachment 39829

View attachment 39830

View attachment 39831
Old iron motorcycles are as beautiful as old iron metal-working machinery.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

Just picture a big ugly hairy guy on a 125 Suzuki enduro and your heart should soar as if your bike could fly!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm picturing you on a monkey bike...

Okay, if that makes you happier it's prolly ok with me. But I should prolly find out what a monkey bike is so I can adjust my attitude accordingly. For some reason I doubt it will be a positive experience......

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Okay, if that makes you happier it's prolly ok with me. But I should prolly find out what a monkey bike is so I can adjust my attitude accordingly. For some reason I doubt it will be a positive experience......
Monkey bike - 1970s Honda CT70 mini trail. Also made in 50cc, and the current model is 125cc.

Attachments

• IMG_6802.jpeg
    IMG_6802.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 5
  • C4C15C40-0EF4-46AC-9455-DF062266652A_converted.jpeg
    C4C15C40-0EF4-46AC-9455-DF062266652A_converted.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 5

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Monkey bike - 1970s Honda CT70 mini trail. Also made in 50cc, and the current model is 125cc.

I remember those! We just called them Honda 50s. I don't remember anyone ever calling them a monkey bike.

Regardless, I never did fit on one. Couldn't steer properly with my arms between my knees.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I bought this 2022 Vespa GTS 300 from a guy in the neighbourhood this summer. They have come a long way from the two stroke 3 gear oil burners of old. CV, ABS, Water cooled, Traction control, EFI, remote key fob, LED lights, matte blue paint. It is pretty quick in town, people groan when they are behind me thinking oh no it's scooter. Then I leave em behind at the lights. It's no VFR 800 but it's so comfortable, & approachable. I put on a trunk and store the helmet. I am very sad to park it for the season. Loved it so much we got my spouse one too - she liked the Primavera 150 - it does have really nice lines. It will do 90km/hr. She commutes on it too. Picture one below is my Vespa, another forum member and his spouses in racing stripe white and british green.

Attachments

• 70517626341__564B2701-F2AE-4C24-911B-D68DC59EA04F.jpeg
    70517626341__564B2701-F2AE-4C24-911B-D68DC59EA04F.jpeg
    570.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 70433450686__F4CC7D08-8F9D-4A5C-B8FC-FC341D8D1A40.jpeg
    70433450686__F4CC7D08-8F9D-4A5C-B8FC-FC341D8D1A40.jpeg
    778.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7354.jpeg
    IMG_7354.jpeg
    554.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Tecnico

(Dave)
I bought this 2022 Vespa GTS 300 from a guy in the neighbourhood this summer.
SNIP!
Picture one below is my Vespa, another forum member and his spouses in racing stripe white and british green.

Oh no! Scooter gangs are taking over in Calgary! ;) They really have come a long way from the classic Vespa.

OK, trivia: In Italian vespa means wasp which is quite fitting when you're surrounded by a bunch of the two stroke versions in traffic!

I‘ll never forget seeing blue haired grandmothers zipping around town on mopeds & scooters going to the market when I lived in Italy. Hair done up under a bandana & shopping bags tucked up on the running boards. That and teenagers ripping around - 14 years old & up! EDIT: @Janger not quite babies but......

Lots of variety, classic Vespas & Lambrettas, newer Cagiva, Piaggio, Benelli, Gilera & Aprilia. I didn't try them, I felt safer in my car!

D :cool: