• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Our Motorcycles - Post What You Got

A very well cared for 2018 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000XT came up for sale near me. I made the hour and a half drive to look at it yesterday. Its in perfect condition with 13000 km on it. Comes with new tires, Kappa panniers and trunk, a low seat the original seat, lowering links a Dominator muffler and the original muffler. I'm very tempted.
dl1000.webp

A very well cared for 2018 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000XT came up for sale near me. I made the hour and a half drive to look at it yesterday. Its in perfect condition with 13000 km on it. Comes with new tires, Kappa panniers and trunk, a low seat the original seat, lowering links a Dominator muffler and the original muffler. I'm very tempted.
View attachment 48971
Go for it ! You only live once and won't do it any younger than you are now.

Last edited:
View attachment 48971
I'm bringing it home Monday morning!!!

Didn’t notice this thread until now.
I had a long string of dirt bikes for 45 years. Gave it up a few years ago because i loved full throttle but my body said no more.
My first competition race ready bike was a Hodaka Super Rat. I won a few races and the CMA moved me up a class so i had to upsize the wheels. Got a Bultaco Pursang in 1973. That’s the same year the Honda Elsinore came out. Loved the Pursang but the Honda was superior in pretty much every respect.
My last bike was a 300 Sherco 4F. It was a really sweet ride. It had a modified and lowered suspension, lots of Enduro Engineering upgrades, plus a Rekluse clutch. It was really fast on the tight trails. It was a bit short on big bore power but i did ice racing with it anyhow. Many, many BIG smiles out on the frozen lakes.

I had a 1985 Honda Shadow 500 from new until this Honda 2017 CTX700. The seat is a Corbin, Wilber rear shock w/ remote reservoir and remote preload, Racetech Gold Front emulators. Without these suspension upgrades the ride is marginal and with a rider just forget it! I also purchased a center stand out of Japan for a different version of this bike. Makes servicing much easier! Honda called this touring bike but with the lack of the stand and cheap suspension parts, it was not popular. The engine does well, but not a speed demon. The back rest for the rider folds down when not used.
Pierre

64EF8E5A-5C7C-4FE0-B9F9-40B26477E408.jpeg

I bought the V-Strom yesterday. Drove it home from Hazelton through the Skeena valley. It was hot but a great 140 Km drive. Very little traffic and most of the traffic was moving at a good pace.
I went over the bike yesterday evening and the only thing I could find wrong was the chain was a bit too tight.
1.jpg
2.jpg

I bought the V-Strom yesterday. Drove it home from Hazelton through the Skeena valley. It was hot but a great 140 Km drive. Very little traffic and most of the traffic was moving at a good pace.
I went over the bike yesterday evening and the only thing I could find wrong was the chain was a bit too tight.
View attachment 49586
View attachment 49587
Nice!
I was very close to buying a V-Strom before I bought my Beemer.

Nice ride. I almost bought a V-Strom one time too. Took it for a test ride and when I brought it back in about 10 minutes the shop owner said "you can't test a strom out in 10 minutes, go back out and take it for longer" lol. So I went for an hour tour on it, and was so very close to pulling the trigger on it afterwards. Nice bikes. It was right when I was deep into racing and barely rode on the street anymore. I was thinking a change of seat might get me out riding more again, but it turns out it was the lack of time and money lol.

I’ve got two (a person needs a spoon and a fork, right?)

My 2007 R1200GS from my cross-Canada trip in 2022.
(I have always remembered that elementary school atlas with the map of Canada showing Mary’s Harbour. One day I said….)

And my backroads bike, 2011 Honda XR650L, at the top of a local hill here in the Shuswap.

Attachments

• IMG_9652.webp
    IMG_9652.webp
    440.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9817.webp
    IMG_9817.webp
    317.8 KB · Views: 14
Related comment - if you're in Ontario with an adventure or dirt or enduro bike you need to try the Ganny (Ganaraska Forest trails, near Peterbourgh).
If you like that - spoil yourself with a long wk end trip to the Hatfield-McCoy Trails in West Virginia. Absolute awesome. Or just spectacular.

Related comment - if you're in Ontario with an adventure or dirt or enduro bike you need to try the Ganny (Ganaraska Forest trails, near Peterbourgh).
If you like that - spoil yourself with a long wk end trip to the Hatfield-McCoy Trails in West Virginia. Absolute awesome. Or just spectacular.

Where were you when I was looking for such things? I'm too old now.

Horse feathers & bull pucky. You should see some of the old timers who ride into Sturgis every year. It's invigorating to think I may have another 20 years or more onna Hawg.

I see a very wide range of old guys. There are plenty my age in long term care, there are those who don't know who they are, there are some who are crippled up with arthritis, fake hips, bad knees, and of course the shakes and poor vision. 3 out of 4 of the guys I know my age are gone. Ya, there are a few who might still be doing stuff like that but I'm not one of them. And yet I count myself among the luckiest of old guys there are. I'm still farming, still machining, and still doin it. But my enduro & dirt bike days are years behind me - that's not debatable. The fact is that I feel that I'm lucky cuz they still let me drive a car! And yet it's all ok. Even if I croaked tomorrow, I'd still be one of the lucky ones. The way I look at it is that anything more is all a bonus.

I was in the Ganny last week, on my CRF450X, it’s still the bees knees for riding in Ontario, my brother and l are planning to get to to the Hatfield-McCoy system next year, I know quite a few who have gone there, they know how to do it in West Virginia! Lovely country

my brother and l are planning to get to to the Hatfield-McCoy system next year,
You’ll love it. :-) but you’ll be spoiled forever!
You can ride for days and never do the same trail twice. All well marked, maps available at trail heads and color coded for difficulty level. For a challenging single track, try trail 199. The attached video is a bit long but shows trail 199 pretty well (video is long because so is 199).
Age - yes @Susquatch - we are only as old as we feel. We both made it longer than we would have expected and we both appreciate each and every additional day we get.

Last edited:
Back