• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Our Motorcycles - Post What You Got

terry_g

Ultra Member
A very well cared for 2018 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000XT came up for sale near me. I made the hour and a half drive to look at it yesterday. Its in perfect condition with 13000 km on it. Comes with new tires, Kappa panniers and trunk, a low seat the original seat, lowering links a Dominator muffler and the original muffler. I'm very tempted.
dl1000.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
A very well cared for 2018 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000XT came up for sale near me. I made the hour and a half drive to look at it yesterday. Its in perfect condition with 13000 km on it. Comes with new tires, Kappa panniers and trunk, a low seat the original seat, lowering links a Dominator muffler and the original muffler. I'm very tempted.
View attachment 48971
Go for it ! You only live once and won't do it any younger than you are now.

Last edited:

terry_g

Ultra Member
View attachment 48971
I'm bringing it home Monday morning!!!

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Didn’t notice this thread until now.
I had a long string of dirt bikes for 45 years. Gave it up a few years ago because i loved full throttle but my body said no more.
My first competition race ready bike was a Hodaka Super Rat. I won a few races and the CMA moved me up a class so i had to upsize the wheels. Got a Bultaco Pursang in 1973. That’s the same year the Honda Elsinore came out. Loved the Pursang but the Honda was superior in pretty much every respect.
My last bike was a 300 Sherco 4F. It was a really sweet ride. It had a modified and lowered suspension, lots of Enduro Engineering upgrades, plus a Rekluse clutch. It was really fast on the tight trails. It was a bit short on big bore power but i did ice racing with it anyhow. Many, many BIG smiles out on the frozen lakes.

pdentrem

I had a 1985 Honda Shadow 500 from new until this Honda 2017 CTX700. The seat is a Corbin, Wilber rear shock w/ remote reservoir and remote preload, Racetech Gold Front emulators. Without these suspension upgrades the ride is marginal and with a rider just forget it! I also purchased a center stand out of Japan for a different version of this bike. Makes servicing much easier! Honda called this touring bike but with the lack of the stand and cheap suspension parts, it was not popular. The engine does well, but not a speed demon. The back rest for the rider folds down when not used.
Pierre

64EF8E5A-5C7C-4FE0-B9F9-40B26477E408.jpeg

terry_g

Ultra Member
I bought the V-Strom yesterday. Drove it home from Hazelton through the Skeena valley. It was hot but a great 140 Km drive. Very little traffic and most of the traffic was moving at a good pace.
I went over the bike yesterday evening and the only thing I could find wrong was the chain was a bit too tight.
1.jpg
2.jpg

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I bought the V-Strom yesterday. Drove it home from Hazelton through the Skeena valley. It was hot but a great 140 Km drive. Very little traffic and most of the traffic was moving at a good pace.
I went over the bike yesterday evening and the only thing I could find wrong was the chain was a bit too tight.
View attachment 49586
View attachment 49587
Nice!
I was very close to buying a V-Strom before I bought my Beemer.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Nice ride. I almost bought a V-Strom one time too. Took it for a test ride and when I brought it back in about 10 minutes the shop owner said "you can't test a strom out in 10 minutes, go back out and take it for longer" lol. So I went for an hour tour on it, and was so very close to pulling the trigger on it afterwards. Nice bikes. It was right when I was deep into racing and barely rode on the street anymore. I was thinking a change of seat might get me out riding more again, but it turns out it was the lack of time and money lol.