• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Ontario member sound off

Couple of questions ,
where are you in Barrie ?
is that a model rocket over your shoulder ?
Bill
Hi Bill,

Yes, I'm in Barrie, by the firehall. That beauty over my shoulder was my NRA/Tripoli Level 3 high power certification rocket. 4" X 70" carbon fibre, Cesaroni M motor, 32000 feet AGL was her best down in Black Rock Nevada. The pic was from a test flight with the old Tripoli club launch site in Caledon, where she flew with a CT-J series 54mm motor to about 7800 feet. Not sure if they still launch there; but I think there's big launches in Calgary and New Brunswick still.

P

I lived on 40th St. S, for 7 years, before moving over her to eastern Ontario. Haven’t been back in about 10 years, but from what I’ve seen on google, it has exploded a bit.

Oh yes there is a new development with 2,400 homes in it and that is only 1 of about 3 developments . That is two thousand four hundred homes .

.....ummm nope..... Sucks big time...... No machinery, expensive living, crazy weather, earthquakes..... Nope, best nobody else comes out this way for their own safety. :rolleyes:
Same applies for Ottawa area. -80 winters, 10 feet of snow, crazy traffic, overpriced housing the list goes on and on. Please avoid at all costs and tell all your GTA friends;-)

Been looking around on the sight for couple months learned a lot so just wanted to see if and were the Ontario members are located because if we all get chatting there is chances we can spot deals in our back yard like the awesome people in Alberta have been doing so I will start very new to the hobby can't seem to get enough YouTube oh and by the way shout out to Everetts workshop shop tour was enlightening to see that we all don't need the biggest and the baddest machines to have fun . I'm located in the Bracebridge area
Hey Glen, Randy M. here in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
There’s some hobby machinists around, Lol!, I think some might just not be too sure about how to access this & other forums.?

I’m a retired Plumber, & a bit of a pipe fitter. I’ve got a 10” Atlas lathe, a couple welders, most of a blacksmith shop’s equipment, I still need to set that up though..

I am planning on upgrading to a more modern lathe as soon as I can afford to. So, I plan on selling this Atlas lathe & any & all tooling 4 it.
I can definitely let everyone know on here when I wanna sell it,, b4 I list it on Kijiji or Facebook?
Anyways good to touch base w/ U folks,, I guess I’m supposed to do so many posts, b4 I’m a full member or something like that.?image.webp

I guess I’m supposed to do so many posts, b4 I’m a full member or something like that.?
AFAIK there's no official number of posts, it's just encouraged that as many members as possible join in on the conversations and perhaps share a little bit of what you are up to in your shop. As without member participation, there's not much of a conversation going on to keep us entertained.
How did you make out with your pulley repair on the Atlas lathe? Did you rebore and sleeve it, or go with a new (other) one?

I mean about 5 miles from Dairy Queen out of town
Hey, I am from a Beef and Cash Crop farm near Bayfield.
I mean about 5 miles SE.

We used to stop at the Listowel Dairy Queen when we were gong up there for hockey and baseball playoffs . . . About 40 years ago.

Back