• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Ontario member sound off

mechaform

Where abouts are you? I'm over in Scarborough. Lots of heavy industry still operate here. I bought my Bridgeport here from a family business slowly upgrading to CNC.
Near Milton. Would love a Bridgeport or similar knee-mill for larger projects but I’d need more time & space to make it worthwhile. Keep looking to see if Ford Machinery has any small stuff but they can’t be bothered to reply to inquiries.

boilerhouse

Ultra Member
I can give a bit of insight into Ford Machinery. A wood working forum I belong to stated in August that they went out of business and liquidated all their stock. Before posting that information here, I thought I should "make like a journalist" and verify myself. Ford Machinery still has a website, and has a contact phone number. I called the number today and spoke to the owner. Here is a summary;

Ford Machinery is still very much in business.
They have downsized considerably.
The website is out of date and has not been updated in a couple years or more.
The contact phone number is still valid (905 882 6317).
The email address has changed to rob@fordmachinery.com
They currently have no metal working equipment, but are actively looking and may have stock within a few months. Best to phone or email and let them know what you are interested in.
They have some parts for various machines, and have sources for parts as well.
They have some woodworking equipment.
There is no longer a showroom, equipment is stored at a warehouse at Finch and 400.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I can give a bit of insight into Ford Machinery. A wood working forum I belong to stated in August that they went out of business and liquidated all their stock. Before posting that information here, I thought I should "make like a journalist" and verify myself. Ford Machinery still has a website, and has a contact phone number. I called the number today and spoke to the owner. Here is a summary;

They have downsized considerably.
The website is out of date and has not been updated in a couple years or more.
The contact phone number is still valid (905 882 6317).
The email address has changed to rob@fordmachinery.com
They currently have no metal working equipment, but are actively looking and may have stock within a few months. Best to phone or email and let them know what you are interested in.
They have some parts for various machines, and have sources for parts as well.
They have some woodworking equipment.
There is no longer a showroom, equipment is stored at a warehouse at Finch and 400.

Does this include Ford Farm Plow parts?

boilerhouse

Ultra Member
Different Ford, and how much Fiat (Case/New Holland) supports the older Ford stuff since the take over, not sure. Although when I had my 8N, I could buy pretty much any part easily and cheaply with after market stuff.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Different Ford, and how much Fiat (Case/New Holland) supports the older Ford stuff since the take over, not sure. Although when I had my 8N, I could buy pretty much any part easily and cheaply with after market stuff.

I had an 8N 40 years ago or so too. You are right - parts were everywhere.

But this is a small 2 blade furough plow. I only use it to clean up corners and edges. I broke a point. I need to replace the point or scrap the plow. Have not had much success either way.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I'm sure there are a lot of those adorning the front gardens of farm houses all over the province. Next time you're out driving the countryside, have a look, and offer to swap out your broken one (maybe get it repaired for looks), for a funcitonal one. It makes no difference for yard art, and a resonable person would say sure.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm sure there are a lot of those adorning the front gardens of farm houses all over the province. Next time you're out driving the countryside, have a look,

I've been looking unsuccessfully for at least a year now......

Mcgyver

Ultra Member

good of you to call and be the journalist.

So they are gone from Richmond Hill (50 W Pearce in Beaver creek area)? That's too bad. He did have a used inventory there including some lathes and various bits of tooling (once bought a box full of horizontal mill slab cutters from him). Most of the business for the last decade seemed like new wood working stuff though. Industrial real estate has become so pricy its no wonder you can't make much of a go at selling used equipment

First time I was in Ford Machinery there were in a cool funking old building on King east of yonge, long before being in a funky old building was cool. Creaky wood floors, a cornucopia of used metal working equipment, different era ...... a better one in so far as TO is concerned.

I think Rob Dubiner is a good guy, I've bought various items from him including a large air compressor for work and they have always been good to deal with

Last edited:

boilerhouse

Ultra Member
Yes, he seemed like a good guy. The rent at the showroom may have been onerous forcing the sale, but we really didn't get into any of that. He was a bit put off that the liquidation sale, handled by a third party, may have given the impression it was a "going out of business" sale. He appreciated that I would try to correct the information out there.

Rob is working out of a home office. There is no longer a showroom, the bit of equipment he does have is on racks in a warehouse, but if he has something anyone wants, he will meet at the warehouse for a viewing.
He made is clear that he still very much in the game (in his words -"he will quit when he is in a pine box"), servicing machines, still has a source of parts, and is still keeping his eyes open for any sort of equipment buys, so he may once again have some lathes, mills etc. for sale.

Best to email him for any updates on his stock.