Ontario meetup, April 6

Stuart Samuel

Premium Member
John M please try to take some video of this - and some general photos of the meet. I’ll do the same in Calgary. And we can post. Sounds interesting.
I can rearrange things a little to make more space around the spinning lathe (there’s a 4x8 welding table opposite it I can shove back a couple feet).

mmcmdl

Machinist/Toolmaker ( retired )
My son is coming from Calgary to Toronto for a wedding . It would be great to get up there . Im watching the snow forecast . Couple feet expected on the property . We'll see what happens .

trlvn

Ultra Member
Regarding the swap meet...

I have a random assortment of extra twist drills in some letter sizes and a few number sized. If you have a hole in your set, send me a pm and I'll root around to see if I have the size you need.

letter number dills.jpg

For example, I have several #31 size drills--I think they would be called aircraft length. There are more different sizes of letter drills, though. Most of them are used and may or may not need sharpening.

CHEAP.

Craig

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Thanks to John, Craig and the forum for setting this up, and big thanks to Stuart and Chris for the venue and excellent tour. I could spend another week there checking out all the neat things tucked away everywhere. It was nice to meet everyone else and put some faces to names. Some great conversations and laughs were had. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks again.

Engmaxx

(Michael)
Thank you CWret and Susquatch for putting together a fantastic meetup!! Thank you Stuart Samuel and owner Chris Nelson for giving us an amazing venue that was so well hosted by yourselves! So much work and difficulty making it what ended up as stellar soiree! Other than standing in awe of so many cool machines, products and personal ambitions, my main take away was how little I know around so many intelligent people that are willing to humbly share their experience and knowledge. It truly was a privilege to hang out with you all today. Thank you again.

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What an absolutely fantastic time.
Great to have meet you and all of the other attendees. As many have said: a special thanks to Lighting Nelson and Garrett Inc.

I could spend another week there checking out all the neat things tucked away everywhere.

Wouldn’t it be great to work there for a week. I don’t mean work there for free - because I think I’d pay them for that opportunity.

Awesome day! Very cool fab shop with lots of interesting tools and fixtures.

Agreed, I heard “thanks Chris and Stuart” again and again from all attendees.

Thank you Stuart Samuel and owner Chris Nelson for giving us an amazing venue that was so well hosted by yourselves!

Yes - the thank you is worth repeating.

It truly was a privilege to hang out with you all today.

Exactly - that was my highlight of the day.

Great to have meet you and all of the other attendees. As many have said: a special thanks to Lighting Nelson and Garrett Inc.

Wouldn’t it be great to work there for a week. I don’t mean work there for free - because I think I’d pay them for that opportunity.

Agreed, I heard “thanks Chris and Stuart” again and again from all attendees.

Yes - the thank you is worth repeating.

Exactly - that was my highlight of the day.
Where's the pictures of the gang? Didn't anyone take pictures?

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
FYI here’s a couple of comments for Forum members that were not at our meetup:
- as many have said, the venue and hospitality of Lighting Nelson and Garrett Inc was awesome;
- we had 22 Forum members attend;
- KBC Tools and Machinery (Mississauga), Beach Road Metals (Hamilton), Air Liquide (Milton), and Accusize Industrial Tools (Richmond Hill) generously suppled items for our door prize draw. Thank you to these business for your support.
- at lunch we enjoyed gourmet pizza that was paid for by the Forum.