• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Ontario Meet and Greet May 28th at BrentH's place

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hello folks!

So May 28th the plan is for good weather and a meet and greet with a bunch of folks from the neighbourhood! At this point in time I have the following Members of the forum lined up for a great adventure:

@thestelster
@Canadium : hopefully- fingers crossed
@CWret
@Susquatch : possibly maybe - odds are diminishing after adventure with the surface grinder
@ShawnR
@trlvn
@Payner
@combustable herbage
@Chicken lights

The layout of the plan is as follows:

Morning
* Meet and Greet - hellos, atta boys, hugs etc
* Tour of the shop and garage - Q&A
* Demonstration on milling gears on the Mill, discussions on gear making, rotary tables, indexing heads .....
Lunch: Hope to put on some BBQ of smoked pulled pork, some salads etc - Beverages
* Tool swap/Trade Sell and Show and Tell
* Demo: Tool sharpening - Grinder, Cincinnati No.2
* Demo: Plasma cutting, Oxy Acetylene, maybe some MIG set up and bead running - Welding helmet discussions

Any other suggestions, questions, attendees etc please PM me. I will email out all the travel details on May 9th. I live just North (15 minutes) from Barrie Ontario

Last edited:

Rauce

Ultra Member
Can I throw my name in for a possibly attending?

I’m going up north on the 27th for the day with my dad to open the cabin for the season and do some plumbing repairs. Puts me in the neighbourhood on the way back, I’m going to try to figure out a way to stick around for Saturday.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Jeeeeez nobody told me there would be smoked pulled pork at this shindig. I'm closer than Janger by 6 hours so i could make it if i put the Duramax in overdrive and one of the dogs could steer for a bit. Bloody cows are holding me back though, want to go to new pasture today, guess i'm out as well.

darrin1200

Darrin
Dang. Now I wish I could’ve cleared the calendar.
Whats up for sale? Will you be allowing phone-in bids? ;)

I hope everyone has a great time.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Sure sounds like a perfect recipe for an awesome get together.

You are amazing Brent. Wish I could have made it. Glad I was able to meet you beforehand.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
View attachment 24164
Ok folks!!! 14 hours of smoking and the pulled Pork tastes amazing - 4 bottles of custom BBQ sauce and :

View attachment 24165
@ShawnR is in da House!!!

Safe Drives tomorrow !!!!!
Oh my gosh, the pictures of food and drink are almost enough for me to make the umpteen hour drive to partake. And then that hasn't even considered the knowledge sharing and fellowship! #very tempting